What Is Your Watering Philosophy?

NACnCO

1. Do you water a little often, or a lot less often?

2. Do you dump it in, pour it slow, aim for the edge of the pot or center?

3. How dry do you let your babies get before you give them a drink?

4. Nutes every time?

5. Have you had a bad experience with underwatering, overwatering, nute watering?

6. Do you have a theory on water and root growth?

7. Any other thoughts or considerations on the subject?

Wait until the soil is almost 100% dry. half a day before then.

rake the top of the soil with a fork, or your fingers so its not a crusted shell, and its back to being like the soil it was before... then slowly pour it. dont let water pool in there, as that will make the perlite float to the top. It takes a while to fully water.

very.. they use hardly anything, and they need to have dry spells to force rooting.

4. Nutes every time?

personally, no. Less is more in most cases.
every other time typically.

5. Have you had a bad experience with underwatering, overwatering, nute watering?

i'v always followed the guideline i just stated, and no , i never have had watering or nute issues, apart from calcium and magnesium def. .. picked up some cal mag, and never had an issue since.

The dryer it gets, the more the roots search for water... the wetter it is, the less they do, and the more chance of root rot... just dont let them dry up for too long.

its a plant that thrives to find water. giving it time, only makes your root base stronger (obviously not if you let it dry out and leave it like that) Find a nice medium where you know right about when the leaves will droop due to underwatering, and stay just ahead of it. . . water right before thats about to happen

I use both depending on stage of growth - less often in early veg when plant is small & more often in budding stage when the plant is bigger.

Nice 'n' slow.

Border line moist pushing dry.

4. Nutes every time?

Yus - If i'm watering more often, i'll break down my total nutrient feed by a 1/3 thats like watering every 2 to 3 days in flowering.

No not really.

Only in early veg / once transplanted to new pot - water well & allow pot to dry out almost this encourage the roots to grow deeper in pot in search of the water.

Only when watering more often i use less nutrients other wise it could lead to nute burn/over feeding/lock outs etc etc etc

Back
Top Bottom