What kind of light HPS or LED?

Hey Icemud,
I am curious, I see you have your grows broke down to grams per watt and total yields. Are you calculating just the watts for the lights into the equation or are you calculating total wattage used for the grow? Either way you have very nice results, I was just curious as to what figures were used to come to those #s is all. I would assume total wattage used since that is the actual cost per gram. Sorry the bean counter in me is coming out.

OG

Never mind Icemud
I just did a few calculations your figuring how many grams per watt the lights grew not total cost per gram. I would be more interested in total cost per gram then grams per watts of light. I would think it would be a more accurate picture of which way is most cost effective. i think it may be to late on this grow for me to do but perhaps on my next one I will give a try and see what it is costing me per gram of finished product.

Hey Icemud,
I am curious, I see you have your grows broke down to grams per watt and total yields. Are you calculating just the watts for the lights into the equation or are you calculating total wattage used for the grow? Either way you have very nice results, I was just curious as to what figures were used to come to those #s is all. I would assume total wattage used since that is the actual cost per gram. Sorry the bean counter in me is coming out.

OG

The figures I posted are just counting the draw wattage of the lights, but do not include my extraction fan which runs around 80watts I believe on medium high setting. Other than that I don't have any other electric in this grow as I turned off my circulation fans prior to my current grow, but on all grows above posted I also had a small 3" desk fan running all the time (probably around 10w) and a larger 15" circulation fan running probably around 30w. I didn't figure those wattages into the grow but for all grows posted they did have the fans mentioned running.

On a few grows I did do a cost analysis figuring in the cost per gram, but really I found it time consuming more than useful so I think I only did it for a couple of the grows. The cost analysis did include cost of electricity for all electronics running, hours of usage, nutrient costs and other expenses. When I was doing the cost analysis per grow I think the cost per gram was around $2-4 a gram, but that included new soil every grow, now I reuse my soil and buy nutrients in bulk so most likely that cost is much lower now as electricity is pretty much my only expense per grow, other than possibly a bottle of nutrients needing replacement or a soil amendment.

Cool cool Icemud,
That pretty much is about what I am using as well though I do run a air stone or two in my H2O storage tank that I use for watering and a few other low wattage items. I still think I will run a total cost analysis on my next grow just to be sure but I do thank you for giving me a reference point as to the range I should be coming in at.
By the way I really enjoy the fact you keep such good detailed information about your grows, While I will probably end up doing them for myself on my own grows, it does give me excellent references to be able to tell if I am on the right track.

Keep up the great work,
always enjoy your grows

Hey everyone!! I'm still searching for the right led 1 plant Dwc 3x3x7'11 tent trying to yield around 14oz. Please let me know of some experiments that have worked for you in the past. If anyone has experience with bml spyder 600 or Mars 2 900 those are lights I've Ben researching the most. If you have any thoughts on those companies or any light for the matter fill me in.

How many plants though? What kind of medium? We're you able to keep your grow area between 70-75 degrees? Did you use co2? Elaborate on your conditions and technique.

The xte200 does not have an edge over the ds200 if you use the data from their comparison with the mars 2 400... plus the mars2 400 doesn't get thrashed so bad with the new data sheet.... the ds200 on site data sheet needed the par/watt reduced for the ds200 so the xte 200 looks better on paper... it is their new and better light.... I have a ds200 and was checking the data sheets to see how much better the xte200 was... Looking forward to see how well they backpedal on this.....

As I promised I would post the feedback from Advanced in regards to the differences in the 2 par charts for the DS200, this is exactly copy and pasted from the email response.

****I have removed the other brand's name and replaced it with "competitor" from the response to prevent any "led wars" between sponsoring companies for the respect of 420 magazines rules and to keep the peace here.

1. That was done a year and half ago. (The Test with "competitor" Light. However, we still beat the "competitor" light by ALOT even with less PAR with our updated light).

2. We have lowered our power draw which saves on Electricity for the customer. Lower wattage in this case does mean you will have a little less PAR, however, we did not sacrifice for the grower. This saves on the life of the unit as well.

We continue to strive to provide a better product and save our customers on costs from Electricity, Retail Costs, and to provide them with the best yield possible.

AdvancedLED

I guess that makes sense in why the PAR in the 4'x4' area was so different for each of the DS200 plots of PPFD.

This is what i take away from the Advanced e-mail....Unless they were exaggerating the par/watt in that comparison test from a year and a half ago, i must assume it is still valid data for my 1 year old DS-200... My light hasn't been updated and i'm not saving any more watts like they claim the new ds-200s will.... They still say their new watt saving ds-200 is drawing 185 watts... The only way i could tell for sure would be to buy a new ds200, [and that's not likely to happen], and compare their insides... Why can't they simply say "our data was faulty in that test", blame it on someone or something else, and them pass out a lot of ass kissing apologies.. No one, especially a business, want's to admit they were wrong....That's something they reserve for, and expect their kids to do...

This is what i take away from the Advanced e-mail....Unless they were exaggerating the par/watt in that comparison test from a year and a half ago, i must assume it is still valid data for my 1 year old DS-200... My light hasn't been updated and i'm not saving any more watts like they claim the new ds-200s will.... They still say their new watt saving ds-200 is drawing 185 watts... The only way i could tell for sure would be to buy a new ds200, [and that's not likely to happen], and compare their insides... Why can't they simply say "our data was faulty in that test", blame it on someone or something else, and them pass out a lot of ass kissing apologies.. No one, especially a business, want's to admit they were wrong....That's something they reserve for, and expect their kids to do...

Yea I can't see it being purposely posted with intent to lie, because their 350XML vs 600wHPS numbers are the same for the single 350xml chart, so I think it probably was correct that the wattage changed, and not to attempt to mislead people. All and all I think they are great products and I have to give them credit for at least posting data where as 90% of the other LED companies on the market don't even post anything valid datawise as well as taking the time to respond to the data in question.

I don't think the data was faulty as most good companies are constantly adjusting their products to be better, I mean even my original Playstation 3 had a draw that was about 2.5x the newer slim versions that came out later. Products change and sometimes simple things like this get un-noticed, but it doesn't mean they are intentionally trying to mislead. I worked in web development and there are a LOT of companies that don't update their websites or information as fast as changes occur.

Here is final testing pics for CXB200 3000K High Powered LED Fixture and ET Cotton Candy Cane.
IMG_158620.JPG

IMG_155126.JPG

IMG_163621.JPG

CXB200/Vero240 Production Models are arriving tomarrow and Company is Advertising/Sponsoring here on 420mag.Demonstrations and grower support are top priorty

I havnt had it on killawatt yet. From past exp with the other COBs/Fans? CXB200 216 from the wall, and Vero240 256watts . That info will be available 12/1

Very cool build!!! I will be running some new LES panels in a few weeks, feel free to stop by and check em out when I get them and post the journal. I've always used "blurple" lights so I'm excited to try LES white and see the difference. Awesome panels and grow!

Back
Top Bottom