What LED unit should I consider buying?

jmills826

Hey im gonna upgrade to LED from CFL and i was wondering if i should get 1 600 watt unit or 2 300watt units and who has the best deals on LED?
Btw my flower space is 6ft long, 2ft wide and 10ft tall.

Do check out our Our Sponsors.

They cover every size and price-point, some offer discounts for 420 members, and without them we wouldn't be here. :thumb:

:Namaste:

Hello, chinese made Mars Hydro are quite affordable. My impression is that they're not the nicest, highest performance ones. But what you get is a solid, cheap panel that will last for years. For your dollar, I think you get the most here.

I purchased two of the smallest ones: 300W. (180W true draw) They were 70 bucks each and I still consider that buy to have been a real steal. They downgraded the model because it was too good, now only 165W or so true draw. They will give you the bottom range of an acceptable light intensity. For your size (many plants), you might want to go bigger.

If you get the 600W you can grow very nice plants I think. The one thing I would mention here is that you will get more of a square light output area.. This wouldn't fit well with the 2ft deep space you got.

Hello, chinese made Mars Hydro are quite affordable. My impression is that they're not the nicest, highest performance ones. But what you get is a solid, cheap panel that will last for years. For your dollar, I think you get the most here.

I purchased two of the smallest ones: 300W. (180W true draw) They were 70 bucks each and I still consider that buy to have been a real steal. They downgraded the model because it was too good, now only 165W or so true draw. They will give you the bottom range of an acceptable light intensity. For your size (many plants), you might want to go bigger.

If you get the 600W you can grow very nice plants I think. The one thing I would mention here is that you will get more of a square light output area.. This wouldn't fit well with the 2ft deep space you got.

I agree with Yoda, yoda is wise lol especially in regards to needing more than 600... I'm running 900 atm (i have also got Mars, a 300w and 600w) in a 2.5x2.5x5 may be a little overkill but probably better to have more than less, ill see how the grow goes. I can only comment as Sara (the mars rep on this site - find her through the rep link she can give discount) informed me as to how they would perform overall. I bought the lights off ebay though as they were discounted at the time :)

Back
Top Bottom