What levels should I maintain for my hydroponic nutrient, temperature, pH and TDS/EC?

Re: What levels should I maintain for my hydroponic nutrient, temperature, pH and TDS

But to add. I think the people bashing the first post should really lighten up lol. Im sure he has grown many of fine plant using this method. Thats what its about right? Support not argueing.

Re: What levels should I maintain for my hydroponic nutrient, temperature, pH and TDS

This advice, while well and clearly written, is definitely bullshit. I've been growing cannabis hydroponically since the mid-1980's and have found the following to be true in EVERY case. I largely use General Hydroponics Flora series, though I have also used Fox Farm and Advanced Nutrients

Ph Sweetspot
Rockwool media - Ph 5.6 to 5.8

Coir - Ph 5.8 to 6.0

Hydrotron - Ph 5.8 to 6.2

Anything lower than 5.6 results in nutrient lock-out in any medium.

Nutrient Temperature sweetspot has always been 68 degrees F (given a 72 to 78 degree lights-on room temp and a 65 degree lights-off temp)

TDS Sweetspot
This varies according to where in the cycle you are. Suffice to say I follow this regimen:

Clones: 200-400ppm AFTER roots appear (nothing before that)
Veggie: 800 or so, although can go aggressive and boost to 1000 once the plant is well established.
Bloom: 1000 or so for the first couple weeks, then boost up to 1200 for almost any strain. Some strains (old NL#5, etc.) can take up to 1800 if you've got enough light intensity (over 55W per square foot) and CO2 (1100-1500ppm) to ensure the plant can uptake the nutrients.

If I had the space to setup separate systems for research into this issue, I would do so, but on the surface, this is bullshit unless there are other factors involved that would raise the actual nutrient Ph at the rootzone.

OldGrower
100% correct. read these wise men words lol

Hello friends , does anyone know of a easy way to keep res water in 5gal dwc buckets cooler,mine are running at 82 degrees,doesn't seem t be a problem at the moment,but better safe then sorry. thanks :adore:

This advice, while well and clearly written, is definitely bullshit. I've been growing cannabis hydroponically since the mid-1980's and have found the following to be true in EVERY case. I largely use General Hydroponics Flora series, though I have also used Fox Farm and Advanced Nutrients

Ph Sweetspot
Rockwool media - Ph 5.6 to 5.8

Coir - Ph 5.8 to 6.0

Hydrotron - Ph 5.8 to 6.2

Anything lower than 5.6 results in nutrient lock-out in any medium.

Nutrient Temperature sweetspot has always been 68 degrees F (given a 72 to 78 degree lights-on room temp and a 65 degree lights-off temp)

TDS Sweetspot
This varies according to where in the cycle you are. Suffice to say I follow this regimen:

Clones: 200-400ppm AFTER roots appear (nothing before that)
Veggie: 800 or so, although can go aggressive and boost to 1000 once the plant is well established.
Bloom: 1000 or so for the first couple weeks, then boost up to 1200 for almost any strain. Some strains (old NL#5, etc.) can take up to 1800 if you've got enough light intensity (over 55W per square foot) and CO2 (1100-1500ppm) to ensure the plant can uptake the nutrients.

If I had the space to setup separate systems for research into this issue, I would do so, but on the surface, this is bullshit unless there are other factors involved that would raise the actual nutrient Ph at the rootzone.

OldGrower

Between this post above and this post below

First time grower? Go buy General Hydroponics three part Flora series... Forget the 10-20-10 or 25-10-10 crap.

Clones and seedlings - 2.5ml/gal of all three parts
Veggie - 10ml/gal Flora Gro, 5ml/gal Flora Micro and 5ml/gal Flora Bloom
Early Flowering - 7.5ml/gal Gro, 7.5ml/gal Micro and 10-12.5ml/gal Bloom
Peak flowering - 5ml/gal Gro, 10ml/gal Micro and 15ml/gal Bloom.
Flush - 2.5ml/gal of each part for 3 days, then plain RO or de-chlorinated water w/ 1 tsp/gal (2.5ml) of molasses.
OldGrower

You follow this advice and you should be able to grow incredible pot.

I can't believe the amount of information that OldGrower supplied in these 2 simple posts. Many Thanks and i added to your Rep

:thanks:

You follow this advice and you should be able to grow incredible pot.

I can't believe the amount of information that OldGrower supplied in these 2 simple posts. Many Thanks and i added to your Rep

No kidding! I have spent the last half a year combing the forums learning all I could on MJ cultivation, and have found that OldGrower's two posts here to be, BY FAR, the best info plain and simple - Period.

Just finished up my first grow adhering to his formula. :thumb: :thanks:

Some post's should never die - this is one of them.

You guys will make my transition from TLO to Hydro a breeze. Looks like all the information a person could want is on just two pages. :thumb: Unbelievable!

Damn...I had to join this website just to tell you guys thanks. :thanks:

Steiner

i too joined this site after reading this post excellent information "OldGrower"
i am on my 3rd NFT grow with a single Vanilla Kush which is in week 5 of flower and is approx 5.5 feet tall and all is well but it seems to be not taking food suddenly
nutes are at 1.2 EC
PH in tank fluctuates but never out of 5.2 - 6.4
water temp is 21 c
hps 600w
fresh air blown in and extracted aswell as an oscillating fan in tent
ambiant air temp in tent maintained between 25c and 27.5c
lights off temp in tent is 19.5c
water replacement daily is 2.5 -3ltr per day in a 20ltr tank
can anyone give some possible reasons for the lack of nute intake please
or am i just being a worry pot

Bodyshop

Old Grower is right on target with his numbers. They reflect my experience (although limited with hydro) as well. I have targeted a pH of 5.9 right from the start from seedling into flowering. I'm now in day 13 of flowering and although pH normally does drift daily, I always correct it back to 5.9 and so far, my girl is healthy, green, and putting on buds like crazy. I also use a chiller and keep my solution at a virtually constant 66 degrees. My lights on temps run up to high 70's with lights off temps dropping to mid to high 60's. I've been running my nutes fairly high and seeing some burnt leaf tips but it hasn't progressed beyond that. Using Technaflora nutes and running between 900-1000ppm in RO water.

It's paying off for sure! :thumb:

Excellent info to every one.

To a new grower it all helps, thank you to all the posts. Even the other thankyous, made me sign up and post too. :high-five:

The thing with hydro is that you need to constantly measure everything to achieve the BEST :thumb:

this is awesome thanks. one question first time grower ,going led how can i maintain my water temp, when my dwc is in the grow room.what i got from all my reading with led, its that you control the room temp with other equipments.

Im using GH 3 part flora right now. Im using the Cal/mag, veg, bloom, micro, with sili root defender as well. Im hearing that I could also use an added bloom nute at this moment. Im three days in since the 18/6 to 12/12 flip to bloom. Any suggestions would be great. Check out my grow journal for the details of the grow!

Set your ph at 5.6 let it drift to 6.2 an then re set it
This way it goes through the full range getting all its needs
Ec a check daily for increase or drop to tell me if its feeding
A good sign for me is Ec dropping oh rising
But if Ec rising n ph dropping this tells me to lower Ec to find a steady spot feeding again
Just my bit on this

Sent from my bumhole using Crapatalk

is that what you do in your grow journal?

When I grow in dwc /nft or rdwc that's the routine I follow all the time a stick to it
Veg no more than Ec of 0.8 including 3/4 feet plants an in flower I dint go over 1.4/5
Currently in coco j do the same levels but
Start in coco seeds n small plants 5.9
Larger / early flower 5.8
Last 2/3 weeks of flower 6.0
Then a 14-18 day flush

What can I use to make my ph go up or down besides "ph up down?

I LOVE GROWERS

All ive used so far is PH up and down, has worked a charm for me.

Keep em frosty ya'll

Back
Top Bottom