What light reflector are you using?

I have always wanted to see whats the most poplar light reflector used today in our grow rooms? I also see allot of post of newbies wanting to know about different reflectors out their, so i figure we could kill two birds with one stone. also i am sure any ballast and bulb info and reviews would help lots of others out also.

hope this can help others make their decisions much easier when setting up a grow room.

ill start off i have a yield master 2 reflector and a 1k sun system ballast. i want to upgrade my ballast to digi because of the mad heat it puts off and the loud humm noise it makes..lol. but its been reliable to me with no problems at all. the reflector is ok, i wish it would have reflective material on the ends where the ducts are instead of white paint.

Currently using Super Sun 2 reflector 6" with lumatek 250... this reflector doesn't seem to great for the smaller bulb like 250(filament is off centered) with 400+ should be perfect 160cfm fan connected and routed 8' away keeps the 250 2-4 degrees above ambient temps. So fan the lumatek ballast is great no noise no heat(barely) will be adding a lumatek 600 dial-a-watt and a 400 bulb and if possible the 600 with a couple more fans!

I know what you mean about the white inside the yield master 2. I'm with ya on that one bud.

I have a 600w HPS in a yield master II w/ glass and 6" duct flanges built in.

For veg and clone I use a 2ft 4 bulb T5 HO (thinkin about buying another one).

I was using a 6" inline fan hood but the light coverage wasn't very well so I've swapped to a vertizontal 4' parabolic hood and I really like it.

Cool Tube Baby!
It's the best I've used so far over Hydrofarm Daystar and Adjust-A-Wing

000_0126.JPG

Got an 4" air-cooled Arctic Sun from i think sunleaves. Works excellent.

I have always wanted to see whats the most poplar light reflector used today in our grow rooms? I also see allot of post of newbies wanting to know about different reflectors out their, so i figure we could kill two birds with one stone. also i am sure any ballast and bulb info and reviews would help lots of others out also.

hope this can help others make their decisions much easier when setting up a grow room.

ill start off i have a yield master 2 reflector and a 1k sun system ballast. i want to upgrade my ballast to digi because of the mad heat it puts off and the loud humm noise it makes..lol. but its been reliable to me with no problems at all. the reflector is ok, i wish it would have reflective material on the ends where the ducts are instead of white paint.

Hey irish
I noticed better yields and coverage from a vertical light with 4' reflector then horizontal ones like those shown already! The light can sit pretty close too .you just have to watch the sides:peacetwo:

There's three LEDs in there.

The panel on the right is an $89 55 watt red & blue from Ebay. It's ok. I'm testing it as a cloning light right now

The screw in spotlight is a 13 watt red & blue from ebay. It's junk on it's own and is just used for overall spectrum enhancement.

Not shown but behind the Cool Tube is a 90 watt Red + Blue + Orange UFX made by California Nursery. This one is bad ass. It can veg and bloom about a 1.5'x1.5' footprint. It produces gobs of resin too. This light keeps me interested in the potential of LED technology because of what I've seen it do.

Back
Top Bottom