What new bong should I get?

WeedIsGood420

Hi all. I was going to clean out my bong and my female downstem just broke.
Which leaves me 2 options I can buy a new kit for $20 or buy a new bong for $60-$70. I'm thinking I should just get a brand spanking new bong and then I could probably sell my old bong to my friend for $25. Which would cut my costs down to about $50, which it would of costed $20 to fix anyway. The bong I have now is just the way I like it. It's not real big, it's easy to put under the faucet and rinse it out, and gets a good smoke.
Last time I was at the headshop like last week they had the same small bong that I had, about 4 of them. So I'd probably end up just buying that same bong, maybe with different colors

Now I have a question. Why would I want a RooR?
Personally I like smaller bongs, when you can have sitting on your lap, not some big thing that you can't properly rinse out under the faucet. Not interested in an ice chamber much or anything either. Supposedly with the swivel in the bong I use now it works as an ice chamber.
The one I have now is a KAOS and I'm completely satisfied. So why would I want to pay more for a big RooR? Or would I not want to?

BTW, the one I have now is glass on glass and I know thats what I would get.
Also, should I buy a new slider for it one of the big ones or just get the standard ones? I think I like the standard better they're easier to clean.

What do you guys think? Please, my future relies on all of you.

Everyone must be sleeping. Anyone? The reason I want a new bong is because this ones dirty and i need a new female/male kit anyway. TY.

i can not say anything about roor i do have a KAOS myself really i have 2 but what ever i think for bang for your buck its the best out there

Ive hit RooR's before, and honestly, I dont see what the big deal is. I think they're the Oakley of the the bong world--good quality, but you're paying a lot for the name. Ive hit acrylic bongs that ripped better than glass bongs, and once a bamboo bong that put everything else to utter shame. Its all about your preference and budget, as long as you're getting high, its all good....keep tokin'.

im a 30yr smoker and a 6month vaper i just recenly discovered vapes and for me theres no goin back. rig ur bong /save ur cash / and get u a top end vape;)

RooR has got the name. Are they necessarily any "better" then any other high-quality GonG waterpipe... when it comes down to it maybe not. I can only speak from my own personal experience.

The RooR is the easiest thing to clean. A little iso. alcohol goes a long way.

RooR pipes are also very durable. I had a diffuser that had stress bubbles in it for months, didn't break until I dropped it (once again) while cleaning it. I had a slide that was chipped around the base. Again, the thing lasted for months before it finally broke. In my experience, any other bowl/downstem would have given up much sooner, especially the slide when exposed to heat.

Compared to other brands I have owned, the RooR is all around the best pipe. Easy to clean, durable, lots of options/accessories, and clean "no nonsense" looks.

If you want a smaller pipe, RooR US also makes "LUX" brand pipes that are smaller in size. Most have a single perc. in them but there are non-perc. models as well.

Ive hit RooR's before, and honestly, I dont see what the big deal is. I think they're the Oakley of the the bong world--good quality, but you're paying a lot for the name...

And go figure, I rep. Oakley as well. :grinjoint:

The protection they provide your eyes from both sunlight and flying objects is second to none. You only get one pair of eyes, protect them with the best.

Whatever you get buy American made glass. Dont support China. Koas is not American made. Support your local glassblower. My .2 cents.

Well the RooRs aren't made anywhere near China. They are made in Germany and the USA and the models, sizes, and options differ slightly between the two companies.

:peace:

Ya I'd have to agree with Bob about buying american made glass support your local american headshop because a couple childhood friends of mine own a headshop in dowtown providence rhode island and times are tough with the economy being in a deficate, don't buy from the indians and the asians in the bodegas and convience stores, they may be cheaper but that is because quality the bongs you buy from there are usually what we call deformed they are poorly made with low end materials.
But me I have a couple RooRs but If you want a smaller bong I'd go with Kaos
:peace:

get a phire they rock from 60 -600 whatever you want but you should have a collection. Dont sell your old one. Fix it and buy something different when you have a chance. Switching it up from bong to bubbler to perk bong or vaporizer seems to work for me. Roor hits like a champ. the compression is just right but the phire does the same for half the price

I had a 18" Rasta Beaker Roor and coming in at 300 Its a big price to pay. But let me tell you its worth every penny. It Milks faster and smoother then any other bong Ive hit and also clears the instant you pull the bowl. The thick glass is also nice for the clumsy moments when you kick over the bong (has happened to me a few times). Roor is high quality and you just cant understand the power of them until youve hit one, serious torque power:roorrip:.

But If your looking for something on the cheaps most local smokeshops have a decent selection of glass, make sure its thick and you should be happy with whatever you pick.

Happy tokin'!

Well, I have owned Roor.de (that I mistakenly broke, due to my stupidity and not the bongs fault at all) and I must say the quality is up there. Yeah there are tons of other tube makers that are on the same level of quality if not better, like Toro or US Tubes. But, if one was to say that a Roor is just an overpriced regular old tube, they have never seen, held or hit quality glass.

Anyways, with your budget, I would reccomend the EHLE 500ml straight tube. I use it as my daily driver tube and it's perfect. I think it's like $70 off of EDIT (everyonedoesit.com), and you can add an EHLE diffuser for like another 25 bones.

I would say EHLE is good quality for sure. Engineered and manufactured in Germany, good joint placement and welds and each piece is hand signed with a ti pen by the blower.

Soo...ROOR is not made in USA :scratchinghead:

The original Roor was made in Germany, and is known by Roor.de and when they started getting made in the US they are known as Roor.us to differentiate the two. Both are still Roors, but the .de's are made in Germany, and the .us's are made right in So Cal.

The original Roor was made in Germany, and is known by Roor.de and when they started getting made in the US they are known as Roor.us to differentiate the two. Both are still Roors, but the .de's are made in Germany, and the .us's are made right in So Cal.

Ding ding! Correct. :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom