What Nutrients Should I Use? How Much Nutrient Should I Use?

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and here to learn all I can!

Has anyone grown Sharks Widow before?
What kind of nutrients (&PH) does it need during the veg stage? I'm very inexperienced so any additional pointers would be super appreciated!

I need help asap!! Is a n-p-k ratting of 0.30-0.12-0.10 good or bad for planting my seeds?? Need help soon looking to start potting in the next few days!

I'm a little confused here.

I plan to use a hydroponic DWC bucket with a 4 gallon reservoir and Botanicare nutes. I assume that I would follow the phasic schedule as opposed to the weekly since I will have a reservoir??

If I understand correctly, when I see 3 sets of full leaves I should add 1/2 of the week 1 nutes 3.75 ml PBP Grow and 2.5 ml of Liquid Karma for EACH gallon of water in my reservior?

When they get 2 more sets of leaves I then add the 2nd half of week 1 nutes. I assume, top off the reservoir and again multiply by my 4 gallons?

Week 2 I top off reservior and ADD another 7.5ml PBP Grow, 5ml Liquid Karma and 6ml Cal-Mag Plus for each of the 4 gallons in my reservior, etc, etc...

Is this correct? Do I have to worry about the reservoir water getting "funky"? Is it better to replace all water and nutes weekly? Pretty costly that way.. Should I check water quality/PH before or after adding nutes?

Thanks for the help.

Hello there,

I need a little help. My girls started their 4th week flowering, they look allright to me except some lower leaves what started to turn yellow and fall off. When I see them in the grow light (400W HPS for flowering), the leaves on the top are brighter, than the other leaves (they look darker). Today I've check them in various light conditions (with HPS they look brighter, with my phone's photoflash light they look a little bit white green, with my camcorder's photoflash light they look a little bit yellow and with a normal bulb they look nothing special). The problem is that I really cannot decide that there is nitrogen deficiency or not :( The top leaves are new ones, the are growing bigger and bigger day by day but this color variance makes me a bit nervous. I don't want to overfeed them, I try to do everything allright.

Some additional information: Amnesia Haze strain. I grow them in soil, smart pots (12 liters / 3 gallons) I used to check water PH, I use Plagron Alga Bloom (NPK: 3-2-5) I used to add 40 ml Alga Bloom to 10 liters of water. I water them every second day with 0,4 gallon (1,5 liters) of Alga Bloomed water / plant.

Are they okay and I'm too nervous or should I change something? Thanks for the help! :)

20151123_201316.jpg

I think you're just being an overconcerned parent. Looks beautiful to me. The best way to view your plants in flower is with the HPS light on while wearing HPS glasses. They have a blueish tint which compensates for the reds and oranges in HPS lighting. Good luck with your girl.

This was a great read. I just started my DWC and i am having issues with ppm. How do you start with a ppm of 0. After i adjust my ph to 5.8 my ppm is at 480 before i even add any dyna-grow. I am in first week sprout and my 2 leaves (not the round ones) tips turned yellow. My ph was 6.2 my ppm was 658 and my temp was 78. I changed everything last night to ph 5.8 temp 74 and ppm 480 with no dyna-grow.

Sounds like you're using tap water? If so, the only thing you can do is filter it. Some people use Reverse Osmosis (RO) water. Personally, I like distilled water.

This was a great read. I just started my DWC and i am having issues with ppm. How do you start with a ppm of 0. After i adjust my ph to 5.8 my ppm is at 480 before i even add any dyna-grow. I am in first week sprout and my 2 leaves (not the round ones) tips turned yellow. My ph was 6.2 my ppm was 658 and my temp was 78. I changed everything last night to ph 5.8 temp 74 and ppm 480 with no dyna-grow.

Just an update! Leaves are still yellow and are now drooping.. I drained water out of the rich whool too. But I think I need to just start fresh with distilled water. Will or could that save my baby? Or are all the signs a good indication all is lost?

I just picked up some nectar of the god's ... has anyone used it before... this is first grow and im wondering when i should start using the nutrients? im using Advance Organics soil... thanks in advance...

I'm new here but have been growing for some time now, my friends call me old school grower if that tells you anything...lol
Anyway, less is always best fir beginners. I st my opinion

Will

I use Advance nutrients. And have had great success with there product s. But reading all these choices is mind bogglingly for sure...lol

Will

I orderd fox farms and was wondering if it is suitable alone for the entire cycle [seedling through flowering] or should I add nutrients at some point?

I have used Advance Nutrients for some time now. I don't think i'll be changing anything any time soon. If it works...why change:thumb:
The nice thing about their product is that. I've been able to use all my other nutrients
along with there products.

Will

Sorry, new poster here, but I saw this thread and thought I'd throw in my two cents of nutrient suggestions. Not trying to advertise or anything, just trying to help. :)

A friend of mine who grows has had pretty awesome results with Massive Bloom Formulation by a local company called Green Planet, along with their GP3 3 part nutrients. The dose for Massive (it's a bloom booster) is a bit higher than others on the market at 20mL per 4L, but the results are pretty worth it. I'm pretty sure they ship worldwide, too.... Found an article that states what it contains and all that, for those who are curious and want to know, and their website which I found through google. Better than spamming the thread with text ;)
Massive Bloom | Green Planet | Fertilizers and stimulators

GP3 - Green Planet Nutrients

Back
Top Bottom