What plant can I use to practice growing in a state that deems it illegal

I have a suggestion, it may not directly impact how you grow cannabis in your immediate future, but grapes are great for seeing and tasting EXACTLY what the environment you create does to a plants goodies. They also allow you to get used to a plant that likes to spread its legs, something that will often catch new grows off guard ( not taking your plant out of veg in time can cause your grow room to explode with growth once you flip your light schedule)

I'm still learning the craft but it has been a wonderful journey full of curiosity, amazement, rewarding :) I'm on my second grow now and in about a week will be harvest time so im getting excited....The first thing I did before making my very first purchase was research and read, i think i spent two - three months just reading and researching. Three books i would recommend are Jorge Cervantes Grow Bible, Ed Rosenthal Marijuana's Growers Handbook, Greg Green Cannabis Grow Bible.

nope they really are not dependent on a "light cycle" they grow faster under 15-16 hr(indoors)in a GH mileage may vary,they are not sensitive to light interruptions.

I see. Maybe I can experiment with a light in the GH to give the tomatoes a boost.

tomatoes and peppers LOVE humidity 75% and up

DOH! I was under the impression that tomatoes and strawberries hated humidity. I'm learning already.

will you do "hydro" in the green house?? I think my worries in the GH would be trying to keep the water cool

Smokin idea with the green house--if the neighbors see you out in it,when the time comes nobody will be any wiser

Yes, I think I may need a chiller and a small ac unit.

My neighbor is nosey as heck. He always magically appears when I am in my front yard. He may be a problem.

I have a suggestion, it may not directly impact how you grow cannabis in your immediate future, but grapes are great for seeing and tasting EXACTLY what the environment you create does to a plants goodies.

I can add grapes. I'd like to see how plants react to a trellis

I'm still learning the craft but it has been a wonderful journey full of curiosity, amazement, rewarding :) I'm on my second grow now and in about a week will be harvest time so im getting excited....The first thing I did before making my very first purchase was research and read, i think i spent two - three months just reading and researching. Three books i would recommend are Jorge Cervantes Grow Bible, Ed Rosenthal Marijuana's Growers Handbook, Greg Green Cannabis Grow Bible.

That has been my approach. I read Marijuana Chemistry by Michael Starks to get a feel how feasible it would be to grow medical cannabis for patients. I'm reading Jorge Cervantes book right now. I will get the other books you suggested.

@brotherbuzz Do you grow for yourself and/or other patients?

what hydro system are you thinking? If I put one in next year (a G/H) I will bury the water tanks.

get rid of the neighbor,lmao.when the time comes,legal or not,you still cant tell anyone about what you are doing.being a grower,at times,can be lonely.not a block party sport hahahahha

what hydro system are you thinking? If I put one in next year (a G/H) I will bury the water tanks.

I would love to build a system like hygrohybrid.com. It is just beautiful, clean and produces excellent results. That is a good idea to bury the tanks. If I bury the tanks it will cool the water and may eliminate the need for a powerful water pump.

get rid of the neighbor,lmao.when the time comes,legal or not,you still cant tell anyone about what you are doing.being a grower,at times,can be lonely.not a block party sport hahahahha

Haha. I don't know if he can be "removed from the equation". He comes up behind me and startles me IN MY YARD and says, "I'm your guardian angel, Chris! I'm your guardian angel!"

depending on how you want too run the system,veggies do not all take the same type of food/or ph levels,

same as different strains of smoke,they do not all take the same levels of food,Im going to check out your system

for some light reading,Go and check out some of "THEcapns" grows and tutorials,Ive been a "farmer"for a long time,his system changed my game,and it works inside and out

I just checked out the site,man all that is,a rdcw setup,all of the parts needed can be purchased at H/D,some great DIY threads on systems,will spend waaaay lees than store bought units.

depending on how you want too run the system,veggies do not all take the same type of food/or ph levels,

same as different strains of smoke,they do not all take the same levels of food,Im going to check out your system

for some light reading,Go and check out some of "THEcapns" grows and tutorials,Ive been a "farmer"for a long time,his system changed my game,and it works inside and out

Thanks c526. I will definitely read THEcan's stuff. It looks cool

Yeah. I feel Ya. I started with Tomatos. To keep things legal. Cloning was pretty tough with tomatoes.
Then someone gave me some bag seed and I practiced with that. I have to say tomatoes is nothing compared to the real thing. Now I am progressing to good seed. I had to face telling my wife. (That was a relief). And I built a dedicated shed to keep my fam life separate. If you can't grow the real thing, I wouldn't waste time. But if you can't grow a plant, start with tomato. And master it. I say start with the real thing because there is a huge learning curve to the little things that pay huge dividends. Who wants to grow mids? Ya know?

That has been my approach. I read Marijuana Chemistry by Michael Starks to get a feel how feasible it would be to grow medical cannabis for patients. I'm reading Jorge Cervantes book right now. I will get the other books you suggested.

@brotherbuzz Do you grow for yourself and/or other patients?

Sorry I took so long to respond....I only grow for myself and give some away to close friends and family members

Too:Colesdad. I also live in a state with 1930's cannabis laws,The best advice I can give ,is "KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT"
" DISCUSS THE PROJECT with NO ONE !!!(EVER) Keep it quite and hidden, If you live by yourself,so much the better,
Don't by all your supply's in one place at the same time and use Cash always,if you search project information online
Clear your history "EVERYDAY"
The time is coming that we will all sit around the back porch and laugh at our paranoia, but till then SHUSH
like John Lennon said"watch out for the "blue meanies"

Peace and sticky Buds txpeapaw

Tomatoes, as others are saying, is good.

Keep in mind that growing ANY plant is going to get you more in touch with our green autotrophic friends. You'll learn plant temperament and habits, what is too much care and what is not enough. Caring for a plant is an art, more than anything else.

I used the knowledge i learned from cannabis to start my maters much earlier indoors and have maters when everyone else is just getting transplants started

just grow ganja man, F the police and the federal goverment and do it for them kids

Back
Top Bottom