What plant can I use to practice growing in a state that deems it illegal

chrisFlorida

Hi,

This question is for those of you with experience.

I live in Florida where cannabis is illegal. I want to learn how to grow by the time it becomes legal, which should be the coming year if all goes well at the polls.

What plant behaves and reacts to growing processes and nutrients similarly to the cannabis plant? I would like to use this plant to practice the entire growing process, specially hydroponics.

Thanks

Without people like this: Cannabis Warriors and people like this: Fallen Warriors Taking a risk and growing illegally, they've been able to preserve genotypes for generations.

It's only illegal if you get caught.

And lastly, there really is no plant that will truly simulate the actual conditions you'll experience when growing Cannabis. The closest thing I've heard is tomatoes.

Which are obviously light years of a difference.

to me that was a serious answer above.. ^^ cannabis is cannabis. no other plant i grow needs as much attn . i see what you are saying about not wanting to jeopardize the legal options you explore. but with all honesty since u want to be a care taker u can expect one or two harvest to get the bugs worked out of your system and figure out what kinda grow u want to do . there are soooo many options . i hope u smoke for yourself because some caregivers that i see that don't smoke cut corners for speed of harvest..

tomato is the vegetable your looking for but even if u can grow a healthy tomato u still will have a stiff learning curve to grow medicine that u will use for patients .

my advice is to spend hr reading these threads and journals and u can learn from other mistakes . u will find most questions u seek answers to have already been asked .u can grow u a small experiment plant in the discreetest of places .. since your are not going for yield u can grow it small and just get the timing and nutrient regiment down . it wont spike your electric bill and u can use things around your house . the nutrients are easy to come by and u don't have to visit a hydro store .. look for nursery's or plant growing centers . pick u up so general hydroponics flora series or fox farm trio both are simple 3 part nutrients ..:goodluck: and :welcome: 2 :420:

I feel your frustration /pain. So like me, start with autos. I'll start my grow in a few weeks (waiting on seeds). I'm paying around $50 and I'm getting 3 seeds, plus two free. I've got 300 invested in equipmen. I'm doing auto so I get gain experience with plants and also because I want a quick turn around and not have to mess with lighting changes and schedules.

My plan is to set my time for 14/10 (many different opinions on lights for autos). Learn about nutrients and learn about caring for plants. I've never grown any kind of plant. It's illegal in my state, so I'm keeping it simple for now.

I live in the south, ina very conservative state and it may take about 2-3 more years before we get the GREEN light..... Pun intended.....

I feel your frustration /pain. So like me, start with autos. I'll start my grow in a few weeks (waiting on seeds). I'm paying around $50 and I'm getting 3 seeds, plus two free. I've got 300 invested in equipmen. I'm doing auto so I get gain experience with plants and also because I want a quick turn around and not have to mess with lighting changes and schedules.

My plan is to set my time for 14/10 (many different opinions on lights for autos). Learn about nutrients and learn about caring for plants. I've never grown any kind of plant. It's illegal in my state, so I'm keeping it simple for now.

I live in the south, ina very conservative state and it may take about 2-3 more years before we get the GREEN light..... Pun intended.....

im in the south(mid-south) also . and yea its gonna be a few years ..
just like me people go for autos on there first grow . the do have some advantages ,light schedule, light leaks don't matter ,no flip ,hardly no smell unless they are wet
but the dont necessarily finish to much earlier . i had some go 108 days and some go 90. the breeders claim these crazy finishing times
then u see the grower posting questions at day 60 saying the pack says day 60 so i cut her or when will she finish questions

Back in the 70's I couldn't imagine it being against the law in the 80's.
In the 80's I couldn't imagine it being against the law in the 90's.
At this point in time, I really doubt I'll see legalization in my lifetime... especially in the south.
I really might suggest you re-adjust your targets.

Sadly I agree with you. While it seems like there is a critical mass of movement on the issue - to your point it has seemed like this many, many times.

Here is hoping we are wrong!

grow something,ANYTHING--take a seed and just germinate it

it will teach you plant structure,deficiency,how to see them coming on,how to prevent,dealing with bugs,there is EVERYTHING too learn
just from growing,ANYTHING tomatoes,peppers what ever you want..

you can use this time wisely, get your equipment,order seeds and sit on them,get set up start a veggie garden

If you havent grown before,why would you want to be a caregiver?? you do realize that people will need WEED as medicine
I dropped my first seed in 83,and i'm still nervous that people dont get exactly as needed,

I am in an uncool place also,I could lose it all,we have been selling everything just so the man cant take it
in my state i will get more time for 10 plants,than i would for bangin the neighbors 12 year old

I am in an uncool place also,I could lose it all,we have been selling everything just so the man cant take it
in my state i will get more time for 10 plants,than i would for bangin the neighbors 12 year old

Sadly I've read stories where people get less time for murder, than I have seen people get for Cannabis cultivation.

Thank you all for your comments. They have been very helpful. I will grow something. Anything. And begin my immersion in the subject.

just grow any vegetable mate, get used to the growing system,learn ,read read read!
by the time you do grow cannabis you will be an experience hydro grower and will only be learning ONE new thing..how to grow cannabis in an enviroment you are already used to ;)

good deal man.What kind of system are you thinking?? Got some room plans? Indoor veggies do pretty good with less light,I have used a 4 bulb t-8 before and got fruit,they seem to like the t-5 they are sitting under,thats a good thing,atleast you wont waste the big power,in the learning stages
have fun with it

good deal man.What kind of system are you thinking?? Got some room plans? Indoor veggies do pretty good with less light,I have used a 4 bulb t-8 before and got fruit,they seem to like the t-5 they are sitting under,thats a good thing,atleast you wont waste the big power,in the learning stages
have fun with it

That is a good question. I was thinking of a small starter green house so I can learn to deal with Florida humidity and heat and bugs. I can also grow an indoor hydro tomato.

What light schedules do you use? Is it possible to induce tomatoes to "flower" by switching to a 12/12 light schedule?

nope they really are not dependent on a "light cycle" they grow faster under 15-16 hr(indoors)in a GH mileage may vary,they are not sensitive to light interruptions.
tomatoes and peppers LOVE humidity 75% and up

will you do "hydro" in the green house?? I think my worries in the GH would be trying to keep the water cool

Smokin idea with the green house--if the neighbors see you out in it,when the time comes nobody will be any wiser

Back
Top Bottom