What Range Should I Maintain For My Growroom Humidity & Temperature?

Holy crap Rose, that some good info in some good ole plain engrish!!!

My nighttime temps go to 90 with the lights one 12/12, and Im using C02, and the daytimes are running about 75, the 90 sounds like its bordering on a problem, but Im two weeks into bud, and the plants are really going off, but my humidity is below 40 most of the time.....

So for so good....

sounds like you are on top of it!

I tried to insert a pic, but my Insert Image is not opening a new window as it should.

OK, you might have a popup blocker 'on' that is preventing your popup from opening.

You can put images in your posts without the button by putting the IMG tags around the image link, like this.

PHP:
[IMG]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/DSCF00225.JPG[/IMG]

Ta Da!!!!

OK, you need at least one of these and two are nice, cheap enough from Walley World.

Themometer_1.jpg

And one of these is a MUST in Hydro.

Themometer_2.jpg

Your a good man Roseman... I am happy you have found 420 as your new home. I am looking forward to following your bubble grow process as I plan to move to hydro grows once I feel I have perfected soil grows... Hopefully some time in 2010 I will take the next big step into hydro...

Im our way of doing it, either in a 2 or 3 plant 5 gallon bucket or a 8 gallon reservoir tank with 6 cups, we can start seed, VEG for 5 weeks, BLOOM for 8 weeks and HARVEST some 48 to 54 inch tall Indicas in a total of as soon as 13 weeks.
The ADMINISTRATOR here is starting us a Deep Water Culture Sub Forum soon, maybe today and I'll post a step by step tutorial that anyone could understand..

Im our way of doing it, either in a 2 or 3 plant 5 gallon bucket or a 8 gallon reservoir tank with 6 cups, we can start seed, VEG for 5 weeks, BLOOM for 8 weeks and HARVEST some 48 to 54 inch tall Indicas in a total of as soon as 13 weeks.
The ADMINISTRATOR here is starting us a Deep Water Culture Sub Forum soon, maybe today and I'll post a step by step tutorial that anyone could understand..

I WILL be looking to read that tutoral.....

What kind of weight are you seeing typically on this cycle?

What kind of weight are you seeing typically on this cycle?

Bro, I am the kind of grower that can not or will not toss a runt when I should. I tossed two runts on Harvest Day that should have been pulled a month earlier. They got NO light, were shaded by the larger plants, and were all but dead anyway.

I just completed my 8th grow.
I normally start 6 seeds (not feminized, but my own seeds) and get three females in one reservoir. If those three, I almost ALWAYS get a runt, a medium and a giant. Biggest giant I ever got (and yes, I have pics) yielded 7 ounces of dried heavily manicured buds. That was in the 2008 Winter Grow. In my 2009 Winter grow, my largest was 5 1/2 ounces. I average about 2 and half to 3 ounces per plant. In my Winter 2008 Grow, I got 16 oz and in my 2009, I just harvested, I got a total of 18 1/7 ounces. All from a walk in closet. This 2009 Grow was two 8 gallon 6-cup tanksa nd one 5 gallon tank. I am posting pics now in the COMPLETED HARVEST Forums.

I own 13 books on Hydroponic marijuana growing. I collect them. And I've been reading growing advice on the internet and in magazines for over 3 years. They all say something different on the best pH level, so I just sort of average them out.
One book says anything between 5.5 and 6.5 is fine. One book says anything between 5.6 and 7.0 is OK, and one book says strive for 5.9 or 6.0 but .5 higher or lower is OK too. Some books lean toward lower, like 5.5 to 6.0 and some say 6.0 to 6.5. I find a big diference in books and advice from the UK, or from Europe and those from here, for some reason unknown to me.

I adjust the pH daily in very slight increments. I add nutes twice daily, in slight increments.

I do not want the water level, or the nutrient level or the pH to go up and down or have spikes. I like it LEVEL, although I do know it needs to go up and down SOME, to get or absorb all the nutrients. When I do a very slight pH adjustment, if it is then within range, I do not adjust it again. Again, I do very slight adjustments, twice daily. I drain and replenish weekly. My plants love the air bath and free time out of the water, up to 15 minutes at most, often only five mintues. I get a growth spurt in VEG when I do a res change.

I work or check on my grow every morning at 7:00 am, before I go to work, and again at 6:30 pm, when I get home. I do a pH adjustment at both times, when I replenish the consumed water, but I only change it about .4 or .5, maybe .6 at the very most.
My main rules are No change more than .5 in 12 hours. No using both Up and Down. I use Bontanicare liquid Up and Down, or I have both, but I NEVER use the UP, never. I just did an entire grow without using the UP even once.

My well water comes out of the tap at 7.0 everytime, everyday, always, with seldom any changes.
My pH balanced Nutrients will change it to 6.6 to 6.7, maybe just 6.8
I know that one drop of DOWN will change one quart about .5
I know one level teaspoon will change one gallon of water from 7.0 to 6.0, or 1.0 decrease.
A half teaspoon of DOWN or 4 drops will change a half gallon about .4 or .5

I aim for 5.8 to 6.0 as my medium pH, and I desire anything between 5.6 and 6.5.
In the mornings, I find my water at 6.5 to 6.8 every morning. In the mornings, I need a half gallon to a full gallon of water added to the tank. I adjust my 7.0 half gallon of water to 6.0 OUT OF THE TANK by adding a slight amount of nutes and 4 drops of pH Down, and THEN add it to the tank, and the 6.7 tank will become 6.2. I get home from the office and the water is 6.6 or 6.7, I change it again, by adding a half to a full gallon of water, the needed amount of pH Down, and then check the ppm to see if I need more nutrients.

Daily, my pH runs anywhere from 5.8 to 6.8 and twice daily, I adjust it. While I adjust the pH and feed them, I talk to them, I love them, and I pray for them.

Works great for me.

I'd suggest you not ADJUST it weekly, but give them daily adjsutments, even if it is once a day.

Holy crap Rose, that some good info in some good ole plain engrish!!!

My nighttime temps go to 90 with the lights one 12/12, and Im using C02, and the daytimes are running about 75, the 90 sounds like its bordering on a problem, but Im two weeks into bud, and the plants are really going off, but my humidity is below 40 most of the time.....

So for so good....

those numbers sound great to me! Great stats! 90 is close to being too hot, but it isn't, its just border line.

So, roseman,, have you written any books of your own? I see you mentioned you collected them,, and I come accross many threads where you havejust about written a book :) (always good stuff though)

I followed one of your closet grows.. amazing..
and have reccomended your DIY odor control many times now..

always impressive.

temp control is hard for me,, my bedroom goes all over the place.. it has even topped 100 a couple of times... :yikes:

but my first girl seems to be taking it well...

I try to keep it in the 80's.. and I got a new room in the works, so hopefully temp will no longer be an issue for me.

great stuff Rose :peace:

Back
Top Bottom