What Range Should I Maintain For My Growroom Humidity & Temperature?

The only difference I've found between strains is the sativa tends to handle an unusually hot grow room much better. They're usually taller and closer to the lights than the indica but you can always train them down. Sativa leaves are much skinnier and don't soak up quite the amount of light that the wide bladed indica's seem to catch.

I grow indoors in Cyprus and it gets so hot here in summer.
My grow room gets above 40c in summer (was still 31c here yesterday) and it really affects my plants.
I still get decent harvests for personal use but would love the temps to be lower.

They also have these plastic containers that when opened up collect moisture. They use them in houses with a lot of dampness. Just one cost like $2.00. You wouldn't believe how good they work. When full of water. Throw away.

Hey guys been doing a lot of reading and would like some advice about my Temps and RH? I have 4 Indica plants in soil indoors and with the lights on, 600w HPS, I am at 80f and 45-50 RH. I keep the RH the same with lights out and temps down to 70F. Are these optimal ranges?

Hi, I plan on having one growroom for plants in all stages and keep them cycling constantly to have new inventory monthly is possible. I am starting with AK48 and I am not sure if it will be possible to maintain a specific humidity level throughout the room so that i dont have to create another room with a different humidity level?

Your problem is not going to be with control of the humidity but with having 2 separate light schedules for veg and bloom in the same room without using tents IMO.... If you put two tents in a room you can control each one with a humidifier or dehumidifier... There are some short term economic solutions too but with the tents you can control light schedule and humidity....:circle-of-love:

what are some tips to lowering the humidity in the closet space?
Hello I am interested in the closet growing if you have any tips on how to and what you use I would greatly appreciate it if you could send anything you have on it.

If you are wary of cutting holes, you could buy a replacement door (just the door panel) and replace the normal door with the new one. That way you can gasket the door if you want, cut holes if you want, whatever. Then when you need the damage to go away, you put the original door back (9-12 simple screws). As long as your landlord doesn't snoop, no prob.
If ur landlord is snoopy u got bigger problems

I
Thank you all!Where I live (northern MI.)heat & humidity are real factors.We have 2 grow locations,1 outside,1 in damp wet basement.So far,not much luck.Outside plants got frost & withered without much hope.Learning to grow=tough stuff,Thanks again!
I live in Pa. I use my basement 4 veg and flower then dry upstairs to get them away from the high humidity from damp basements

Here is my take. I keep my room at 68-72 degrees and humidity at 55%. I do this cheaply. Here is how. I have a lot of ac/heat knowledge, was in that business at one time. You get on your Facebook market , Craig’s list , garage sales. People are always getting rid of humidifiers and dehumidifiers that have settings. Usually they heat the air mist or dry heat. You set the dehumidifier at 55 and the humidifier at 60. For temp control, you might have to find someone to do this if you don’t know how. Get one of those hotel combo heat and air units. A 110 volt thermostat. Wire it where it has a range of 5-7 , do that so it does not constant run on heat or ac fighting itself .set it at 70. Get yourself a 6 inch inline with filter and stat on it. Remember that air in your house has a higher CO2 than outside air. I don’t use CO2. I find it a waste. I am cheap, like to save money. Been at this since the 70’s in Newton County Arkansas. For those of you young guys that use to be known as the place to get the best for a long time. I won’t get into much of that. I am here to soak in what others know and learn, and to share my own experience. Appreciate feedback. I also now use led, use about 4500 watts in 50 sq ft space.

I have a Led Grow Light, Growstar 150W Full Spectrum Plant Light in a Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent but my temp is too low. What kind of lamp or heat source would you suggest to raise temp?
thanks

You mention a temp drop of 10-20 degrees during flowering. Does it matter if its more than that? I live in the city so I will be planting in big buckets and bringing them into my air conditioned home at night so it may be an issue. Or is it the bigger the drop the better?

You mention a temp drop of 10-20 degrees during flowering. Does it matter if its more than that? I live in the city so I will be planting in big buckets and bringing them into my air conditioned home at night so it may be an issue. Or is it the bigger the drop the better?
You don't want a sudden drop of 20 degrees. The perfect Temp is 77 F. Anywhere between 75 - 82 & you are good with Lights on. I'm told 68 F is the lowest Temp you want to go (lights off) & 84 F is the max (lights on / without Co2). If using Co2 then 84 - 94 F are the Temps you want.

You don't want a sudden drop of 20 degrees. The perfect Temp is 77 F. Anywhere between 75 - 82 & you are good with Lights on. I'm told 68 F is the lowest Temp you want to go (lights off) & 84 F is the max (lights on / without Co2). If using Co2 then 84 - 94 F are the Temps you want.

Don't mean to be rude but don't the temps depend on what kind of lighting you are using? When someone is using LED, they don't heat up the leaf surface temperature as much as HID given you have more control of the spectrum. Optimal leaf surface temperature for an LED grow should be at least 9 F higher than an HID grow.

"When growing under optimized-spectrum LED plant lights, the lack of excess infrared and other unusable light causing the leaves to heat up means that ambient air temperature needs to be warmer than for the same plant grown under any light (natural or artificial) which is not optimized for plant growth." LED Grow Lights | Growing Kits & Indoor Commercial Grow Lights

The leaf temperature would be controlled by how high you hang your light. Closer it is the warmer your leaf temp. As far as the grow area being heated warmer .... never heard that before. Just a low temp of 68 F lights out & a high of 84 lights on to be in a good growing range with 77 F being the target temp. Been shooting for 77 F for 3 years now with MH, HPS, Fluorescent, Bluple LED & White LED. Tried all these lights & always went for 77 F.
That light company is the only one I've ever heard make that statement even. They are some top of the line lights. Maybe they know something other light companies don't.
Either way, I'll stick to the 77 F that I know works well.

Back
Top Bottom