What scissors do you use?

Cheapo ones from the zon
Screenshot_20190202-082842.png

I have few pairs. I like to keep a teacup with isopropanol alcohol in it while I'm trimming. Have a pair soaking while I'm using the other. Switch back and forth when they get too gummed up. After soaking for a while you can just wipe them clean. Easy peasy

I used to use stainless steel "hosiery mill scissors," the kind that would fit in the user's hands, index finger through the (only) ring, squeeze hand to cut, release and the scissors' spring would open them back up an inch or a little more, their full range of movement. I figure if someone can use them for eight hours per day, 40 hours per week, for years... that it wouldn't feel "crippling" to use them to trim a harvest. Plus, they offered excellent control. Backup pair of good, sharp, pointy regular scissors that weren't too long, and something a little stouter for cutting branches/stems.

I'd like to find another pair or three locally. Have only found plastic "replacements" (that aren't). I just did a bit of web-searching, and if you search for
Code:
"compton thread cutters palm scissors"
...you'll probably see a (somewhat cheapened) version of what I'm referring to, although I don't know if that's the actual name of the things.

I got mine at the local Hydro Store not sure on the brand (as bought them a couple years ago) as a bunch of Japanese writing on the package with a little bit in English , not sure if something they carry at most places or not as legal here and all that. Personally prefer the curved blade though from what I hear a personal preference kind of thing as my Sister has done commercial trimming (my hands have a hard enough time holding up doing what little I have let alone doing large amounts like that, though I did that a bit in the early 80s). The extra pair and soak in alcohol trick works real well for me, less work getting the gunk off the scissors when they start gumming up.

Edit: Just did a web search, brand is: Chikamasa . They call them "Grape Scissors" and have some kind of coating to help keep them from gumming up as quickly.

I use a bypass pruner for the stalks and branches. And the same cheap 'zon scissors for trimming. I like both straight and curved blades, I mainly use straight for taking off fan leaves and curved for manicuring the buds. I have a jar of scissor fix I picked up from the hydro store that's pretty slick. Only downside to clean snips is no scissor hash hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom