What size pots should I grow in and how many plants for next grow

What size pots,for the new Lowrider72 coco CMH grow?

• Total voters

Lowrider72

Hey Guys and Gals,

Lowrider72 here.
Looking to do a new grow, have a variety of pots...but trying to decide between
5 x 20L pots or 2x 35L and a 15L in the middle......this is in a 4' x 8' tent.

Lets put it to a vote.....

I run 8 20L pots in my 4x8, if also had great results in Coco using 11L pots, fill a root system much faster and better growth, I would go for the 20's only if your begging for at least 8-10 weeks :).

Why would you need pots that large when growing in coco?
My final pots are 9.2 ltr.
I have tried all pot sizes, in coco, root mass equals bigger buds in flower.
I dont want that much bigger plants vertically, just a larger uptake area and root mass. I use a lot of beneficials, silicas, etc to get massive growth in veg, especially under CMH.

Pots don't need to be as big in a hydroponic media, as they do in soil. You have to work harder during the grow, though.
I have grown plants in these corrigated air side 35L pots in coco that would blow your mind.
I only want more grow for the year.
Summer off, work in yard, on house, drink beer....always got meds and bud.
ahhhhh....lovely. So a lil more veg time doesnt matter much, last lot filled 9L buckets with roots in 2 weeks from seed, 4 and I was flipping already.
The CMH kick arse in veg....its the sun almost...in a tent.
35L pots on stands, never leave tent until harvest....easy... Lil ones I have to carry..

I run 8 20L pots in my 4x8, if also had great results in Coco using 11L pots, fill a root system much faster and better growth, I would go for the 20's only if your begging for at least 8-10 weeks :).
Hehe, 20L pots are fun. Most I have run in same area is 12 under 3 x 600w hps.... Thats insane, mostly sativa dom strains too....just asking for trouble... Lol.

These lil Indica things are easy.... Hahaha. Im pretty sure I can flip them from transplant in 4-5weeks in 20L and 5-6 weeks in 35L. Be insane plants...probably scrog that.

I have tried all pot sizes, in coco, root mass equals bigger buds in flower.
I dont want that much bigger plants vertically, just a larger uptake area and root mass. I use a lot of beneficials, silicas, etc to get massive growth in veg, especially under CMH.

I have grown plants in these corrigated air side 35L pots in coco that would blow your mind.

I got 8 ozs from a 2 gallon GH Waterfarm over the 2 gallon reservoir. Rockwool produces pretty good, too, for the volume involved. I do agree that larger pots will produce more, usually. Did the 35L outproduce seven 5liter pots?

Unless you plan on vegging for a long period of time, I see no need for large containers. I grow in 9.2ltr pots, veg for 5-6 weeks, and usually yield between 5-8 oz. per plant. Would a larger pot yield me more? I doubt it. That's the beauty of multiple feedings. In DWC you can grow trees in a 5 gallon bucket. Why is this different?

FFS Girls, pick one of the two options ,give your opinion why..done.
Im not comparing every grow style in every imaginable medium.
Its coco, 2 choices, man up....

FFS Girls, pick one of the two options ,give your opinion why..done.
Im not comparing every grow style in every imaginable medium.
Its coco, 2 choices, man up....
:rofl:

You won't see a significant difference in plant size (and/or root mass) in those close size pots...I tried 10 gallon against 7 g for autos and they were same...7 might have actually done better. Plus... more plants = more main colas :)

Thanks fellas.... Lol.
Blew Hiller gets me... Hahaha.

I tell ya what , I will grab the pots and show you in the new,thread usually I wouldnt go 35L but they are italian aerated inner pots that can go in a larger drainage pot or my trusty 20L painters buckets which have bashed out countless buds....
I also have a couple 15 L aero pots....
higherthehigh is right...
because 10L never seems to be enough and 20L is just the other side... I have grown in 15L before.

so how about this... I will go...

2x 15L aeropots.
1 x 20L normal pot and 2 x 15L normal pots

Then we can do a comparison, aeropot at 15L vs normal pots at 15L and normal pot at 20L.

Done, stay tuned... Getting tent ready, drying is done... Time to get me grow on.... 35L... Maybe later for scrog....

Good little comparison grow :) I was going to use 4 fabric pots on my current grow but I ended up using nornal, I can't never seem to get an equal watering with fabric pots, probably a great setup with strippers or rings.

Hey HighTH,
Its going to be 2 x 15L aeropots and
3 x 20L normal pots...
....thought 2 were 15L but pot says...20L.
Hahaha.
Just set up lights and better ventilation rig, basics before the grow, a clean etc..
Most pots are on wheels except one, which will be tomorrow... Easier.

Yeah they will be spot on, what veg time you planning on?

I run from seed breaking soil to flipping to flower is exactly 6 weeks with a great root system, 15L pots a week earlier but there's nothing like maxing those roots out for max water intake :).

Yeah they will be spot on, what veg time you planning on?

I run from seed breaking soil to flipping to flower is exactly 6 weeks with a great root system, 15L pots a week earlier but there's nothing like maxing those roots out for max water intake :).

In 9L I go 4 weeks from seed, so yeah, spot on... 5-6 weeks. Im using myco and tricha to prep coco this grow as well as my root excelorator, so should go nuts.
Might only need 4 weeks, in 2-3L pots already and if veg too much, will go ballistic... Lol. Cmh makes them veg fast.

If been looking at different lights for veg, if just replaced my T5 for an LED as I hate waiting on veg times especially when your around them daily haha it's the waiting game with will power needed lol.

If been looking at different lights for veg, if just replaced my T5 for an LED as I hate waiting on veg times especially when your around them daily haha it's the waiting game with will power needed lol.

Hi par have nice wattage adjustable 315w cmh, with 4200K globe will veg insanely...maybe that will help.

I want to stall mine , so I use 19w philips LED globes and keep them cold. Lol
I can pump them under cmh later.

Think I will look into those then as I may be moving this year and I plan to split a room in half so I will need a good 10 to 15 of them, pretty sure my mate runs one but I'm sure his is a 1000w so may be not a cmh.

Split ya,room into 3 if you can.
For good grow room need a mum-clone area, Dedicated veg area and flower area being largest.
Can get 630w cmh, that will keep up with 1000w hps ...sabe 370w every light too..
hi par and lucius run same controller... Thats the go, run veg area and flower area seperately, up to 100 ballasts a side.
Its a timer, measures temps and lets you simulate sunrise and sunset, also dimming....new skool ol skool...hehe

Back
Top Bottom