What size pump for water changes?

Do you need to move tap water, or do you want to move water from a container in the guest bathroom?

If it's tap water, you don't need a pump. You can use an adapter that screws into the faucet and lets you connect a garden hose to it.

If it's water from a container, the size of pump depends on how much water you want to move, and how fast you want to move it. In the US, check Northern Tool, or Harbor Freight. In Canada, check Princess Auto. Elsewhere, I don't have a clue. If you only want ro move a few gallons, you can get a 12V self-priming pump, and power supply through eBay.

My suggestion

I’m looking to transport water from my guest bathroom to my grow room which is 25 feet away and on the same level. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!

Any sized pump will do depending on how quick you want to fill the container at the downstream end.

You could just use a tap-in connection and run any size line to the grow room as a permanent line or get a tap adapter to snap on a hose to transfer water when needed from a sink outlet.

Back
Top Bottom