What soil to use

kandysman

This is my first grow and i have a very limited space so i need to know what i need to use for the most yield. Its so hard to just find a list so i can use just top soil and then add everything else and mix it my self. I am not opposed to using chemical fertilizers so what should i mix with my soil and what kind of chemical fertilizers do i use and how much. If someone could please just let me know if i can use sand and pearlite and mushroom compost with non organic fertilizers or not. or if i even need anything other than draining materials if i use chemical fertilizers. Thank you all so much your help will make all the difference. Oh yeah if all organic materials can do what chemical fertilizers can could i get a list and ratio's. Thanks again.

you will get varying opinions on soil one person talks about how much they suck and the next person swears by it.... so its really up to you... i wouldnt use sand it makes soil muddy and holds water too much which will cause your roots to rot or stunt growth cuz your plant cant breath (roots).... right now im using Miracle Grow soil.... n i havent had any troubles yet... i cant give you ratios or anything but im sure its easy enough to look them up :) :thumb: :goodluck:

You can use chemical ferts with what ever growing medium you so desire !

But maybe more prone to nutrient burn if you get your feeding scedule wrong, may create harmful levels of salts in soil which in turns cause's lock outs of other nutrients if soil/growing medium is not flushed on an average of every 10 to 14 days.

You will not need Ph up/down for chemical nutrients used with soil tho as soil has a natural buffering effect when concerned with ambient PH of soil growing medium.

Organics can match chemical ferts on an equal basis, if not better when grown in a soil medium :thumb:

The only time chemical ferts out match organics is when used in a hydroponic system !

Mushroom Compost

Traditionally made with well-rotted stable manure, mushroom compost is now generally made using composted straw.

You may find this to be of an alkline PH level ? this will need to be checked !!! & if so adjusted with garden lime to lower PH value to a more suitable level for growing MJ.

Both sand & perlite can be used to aid drainage of growing medium.

Sand is more commonly used in soil loams of varoius grades tho which in turn may be used with compost/growing mediums.

As for application rate read instructions on label & follow as directed :thumb:

Alternatively you can use a product which may come with nutrient feeding scedule... & should only be taken as a rough guide line !

i wouldnt use sand it makes soil muddy and holds water too much which will cause your roots to rot or stunt growth cuz your plant cant breath (roots)....

Sorry to say that the above is false information !

Back
Top Bottom