What strains to grow in Lahore, Pakistan?

abbasnaqvi

It's summertime here in Lahore. Temperatures go up to 50°C with monsoon rains coming in July and August. Summers start from April and Autumn comes in late October. The real problem here is the excessive heat in summers. The variation in the temperature is quite high. It gets cold in winters and the temperature sometimes falls below 0°C. Tell me what hybrids, land race or autos can be grown outdoors in such conditions? According to Gieger Climate classification, this part of the world falls under BWh or BSh. I know Afghani strains can be grown here and some sativas like Satori. What I really need is a list of more strains that can be grown here and also some grow advice regarding how to tackle pests and heat.

Man, I have some questions for you ...

Are there not strains that grow there naturally, you know indigenous?

(*Removed*)

Apologies in advance for the political questions, but it is hard for an American to separate MJ and politics. We are fighting for our freedom here too, but our starting point is much more further along the scale than yours. I am thinking of leaving my state (California in the USA) because of its oppressive views on MMJ for one that allows me more freedoms (and because of the gov't point of view on individual citizens freedoms, their economy and quality of living is much higher). Capitalism works.

Anyway ... I look forward to your comments.

~ Auggie ~

. PS: Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of knowledgeable people here. I dunno if you'll find someone that knows how to grow in Afghanistan .... but, you got a better shot here than just about any where else.

PRELIMINARY STEPS TO GROWING IN A MUSLIM CONTROLLED STATE:

( *Removed* )

Seriously? So much hatred and stereotyping? Haha shit man. Don't judge us when you don't know shit. I know what they feed your minds through the media. Hatred. And what you posted above stands to prove that. It was actually offensive.

P.S: I thought this place was about sharing knowledge and shared commitment towards what we mutually love: cannabis. You just turned it into a political cum religious debate. Not nice. And certainly not welcoming. And FYI, I'm very well aware that my country produces some of the best strains and hashish in the world. I just needed some advice.

MJ stands for medical marijuana. Sometimes MMJ.

And, yes, this IS a place for learning and sharing. That's what I did. I shared my consternation; I had some questions. So, I'm all wrong?
Afghanistan is a peaceful garden country with a government that is tolerant and understanding of other peoples wants and needs?

I didn't judge you - most of what I did was ask questions ... well, there was the steps to a grow in the PS - - sorry about that. Just kidding ya know.

And, there are some, well, can I say 'hard feelings' between your countrymen and mine. I am sure that is all our fault - it always is.

At any rate, I think if I was you I'd check with some of the grow stores in your neighborhood, they usually have a pretty good handle on what plants do well. Also, check with your collective - and the doctor that wrote your recommendation, she will know too.

Cheers,
~ Auggie ~

Okay, firstly, bro this is Pakistan I'm talking about. Not Afghanistan. There are all sorts of people here.
Secondly, there's rarely a doctor here who'd prescribe marijuana as a medicine. Except for some unorthodox traditional healers (hakeems).
Lastly, can't really ask my local grow store for advice on which strain to grow. They won't know. All they know is that it's a crime. Haha. And yet you'll get hashish in every fucking corner of the country.
Indoor is expensive. We've got power issues. So I was wondering if somebody could help me decide a suitable strain for such climatic conditions. Would white widow survive in such conditions outdoors? Can I use a greenhouse to make the place cooler? I think Thai or north African sativa might work. I heard they're more capable of dealing with high temperatures.
Do you have any advice now?

Okay, firstly, bro this is Pakistan I'm talking about. Not Afghanistan. There are all sorts of people here.
Secondly, there's rarely a doctor here who'd prescribe marijuana as a medicine. Except for some unorthodox traditional healers (hakeems).
Lastly, can't really ask my local grow store for advice on which strain to grow. They won't know. All they know is that it's a crime. Haha. And yet you'll get hashish in every fucking corner of the country.
Indoor is expensive. We've got power issues. So I was wondering if somebody could help me decide a suitable strain for such climatic conditions. Would white widow survive in such conditions outdoors? Can I use a greenhouse to make the place cooler? I think Thai or north African sativa might work. I heard they're more capable of dealing with high temperatures.
Do you have any advice now?

Sativa strains take longer to grow longer growing more bugs and people stealing your shit.

Indica strains are best

Well, First thing to do is just do a regular google search for "best cannabis strains for hot climate".. You will get a lot of articles , some seedbanks that specifically list strains for hot climates. Do the search.. youll know what i mean. Nearly all the seedbanks have search filters where you can define the climate you want to grow in.

Then pick the strains you want . If the seedbanks you see dont deliver to Pakistan.. Try seedsman, sensible seeds. They will deliver to Pakistan. Dont bother with Gorilla, Attitude, Herbies. They dont deliver there.

Try to go for Autos. Do not go for Photoperiod strains as you have power issues. Although that can very easily be taken care of by using a UPS.

Growing indoors will be your best bet.. But if you have control over your surroundings.. Especially security & Pests and Pets , then you're good to go . Obviously, you cant have any family members finding out what the hell youre doing. I would strongly suggest you do this alone and not tell anyone you are doing this, or are planning to do this. This is just a precaution, as you dont want this information to go out when you suddenly are on bad terms with a friend or family.

Invest in a Grow Tent. If you cant... get a small closet made. Try to replicate the grow tent environment.

Hmm, i guess thats about it.

Hope it helps.

Zero2Hero

Back
Top Bottom