What The Good Growers Already Know: Top 5 Lessons For New Growers

i learned from my mistakes, the hard way! IF U WANT AWSOME MEDS U MUST DO YOUR HOMEWOK, AND STUDY//
MY_GIRL_NL_SKUNK2.jpeg
n_l_hang2.jpeg
WW1LONG.jpeg
plant11.jpeg
bud1.jpeg

2) The plant is a living organism that will do its best to survive and thrive like any other living organism. That means, as growers, our plants don't die. WE kill them! We do this by NOT giving them what they need to survive. They need water, light, air, nutrients, and a favorable climate. If we can provide these, the plants repay us for it with bountiful harvests of great meds! :grinjoint:

Best growing related statement - Ever!!! Top five anyway...

check it everyday? hell i check it every 30 minutes. PH ....had no idea that my well water could be a 8 PH. Since treating water and not using hose ,things perked right up .:adore:.great info:nicethread::popcorn:

I would say the biggest mistake by newbie growers is letting their local hydro store tLk the, into buying a bunch of their sponsors products....it's ridiculous to think that they'll tell you a thousand watts is better but thats not always the case ...remember the speed ofmthe growth of your plant is determined by it's biggest limiting factors ..for instance you can pump all the co2 you want into a room but if your temps are around 72 degrees your wasting time and money...you can spend a fortune on nutrients but without a good ph meter they do you no good...everything has it's balance finding that and optimizing your environment to your size and budget is key....remember grows are constant ...pumps are going to fail your going to need different sprays ect...all that costs money so factor that into your budget as well start small ...you don't need a laboratory overnight ...besides you wouldn't know how to maximize the potential ofnyour grow or equipment without experience

i keep temp at 77.8/soil/ 50% humid. for budding room???:thanks:.

Great post, I have been using PH Perfect SensiGrow and Bloom by AN and I hardly ever adjust PH any more.. plants NEVER burn unless I dump a whole bottle in there LOL.

If you have trouble keeping PH balance this stuff does what it intends to do, take care of the PH for you. if its between 4.5 and 8.0 it will be fine...

PH very important thanks for the 5 steps:high-five:

My buddy has a set of basic instructions he used when the plants drooped or show him anything other than vigor. Works every time.

Plants get put in area for massive flush, first water then some o2 based liquids. then on the final gallon or so he mixes up a kelp based tea at 1/4 strength mixture, then he pours that on like the final bit that will stay with the soil. Then from there the plant gets left to dry out almost completely. When he lived in CA, it seemed a plant was always inside his shower in the guest bathroom.

He seemed to always have it under control. Then I found out that final tea-mix sets the ph to a control PH and then the dry-out is controlled in the shower where fresh water is available at a whim because usually as they dry out the chemical nute composition will change and this can cause burn or lockout.

So inadvertently he was a PH freak. and his shit was the best, always... RIP.

i seen de ionised water for sale 2day,was wondering if it would be good for watering and feeding my plant?

Yes! Deionized water is similar to reverse osmosis water (preferred for growing) in that it has all the total dissolved solids removed, so it should read zero (or very close to!) on a TDS meter. The dionization process won't remove uncharged (organic) particles, like bacteria, but it will remove the salts and would most likely be much better than your tap water for plants.

I need to get a digital pH meter. Any recommended brands?
Thx in advance, Cheryl.

There are several good brands out there, so I'd just stay away from the cheap ones, since PH control is so important.

The one I use is a Hanna 98130 which measure PH, EC, and TDS.

I believe some other good brands include Oakton, Milwaukee, & some others.
:goodluck:

I would say think ahead to mid grow and harvest. I wish I would have been prepared for pests, cold weather coming in, and smell. Smell isn't always a bad thing though lol.

Back
Top Bottom