What The Good Growers Already Know: Top 5 Lessons For New Growers

Thanks, man, for this thread. I'm well into my first grow, but one plant I forced into bud early and three others that are coming along just fine. This thread is chock full of good information.

Love number 2 and number 5.

When I was a lil kid trying to grow plants I would think that if I gave them tons of miracle gro they would thrive from all the fertilizers and grow huge fast. Well needless to say those plants didnt live long lol.

As for number 5 thats my method of growing now for all types of plants. I do have a little PH soil tester too, but dont really use it. I just sorta talk to the plants, find out whats wrong or what they like dont like ect. It works really well to just try and put yourself in the mind of the plants and ask yourself questions like "if I was the plant would I want more water or less" or "if I was the plant would I like more sun or less" "more nutes or less" ect.

If you just listen to the plants they will tell you what they want.

Love number 2 and number 5.

When I was a lil kid ...
...If you just listen to the plants they will tell you what they want.

Check this book out. "The Secret Life Of Plants" by Tompkins/Bird. Can get it @ Amazon for cheap. Best book I've ever read. Fascinating, from the 70's. Experiments and actual proof of life readings and so much more. Plants are alive and are perhaps the first life form on the planet.

51b2pY9jX1L_SY344_PJlook-inside-v2_TopRight_1_0_SH20_BO1_204_203_200_.jpg

Peace & ...
:love:

i seen de ionised water for sale 2day,was wondering if it would be good for watering and feeding my plant?

I used to use De-Ionized water at our motorcycle detailing shop. We used it because even a fine spray on a gloss black paint job, showed nothing! Not a spot in sight, ever. This is the base water you'll be starting out at and, in theory, should have a pH of 7.0 and would contain no solids, dissolved or other. Talk about starting out with great H2O. I got it locally from Yellow Page sources. We are < 1 million pop. so IDK about smaller towns. High-Tech industry uses it a lot, that why we have it available. Was about $70.00/month including delivery, rental and usage. They get you. If you could afford it, that'd be the way...

good top 5,but forgot most important,dont tell anyone,dont care if its ur friend.4 some reason people like to rip it up insead of being patient and if someone knows,99 percent its ur partner.u will never get a harvest with partners.

Oh SO TRUE deadhead1! Family, not Partners in My Book!!!:thumb: You can always find Them, and it takes a pretty CRAPPY Family Member to Burn You, and since they are Family as well, You have a Leg Up On Who To AVOID!!! Since You tend to know who all the CRAPPY Family Members ARE! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

Today I found out how POWERFUL Willow chunks soaked in water overnight can be!!
I set two older seeds from probably the late 80's this morning around 8 am when I got back
one of the seeds had popped!! I was overjoyed!! I made up some fresh soil and set her in.
Can't wait to see what happens next!! I am a new medical paient. Peace

good top 5,but forgot most important,dont tell anyone,dont care if its ur friend.4 some reason people like to rip it up insead of being patient and if someone knows,99 percent its ur partner.u will never get a harvest with partners.

Yeah that is the biggest one imho. My friends don't know, my neighbors don't know, 2 family members do know, and of course you guys know. But thats it.

People have big mouths. Even if you told a cool friend who would never burn you in a million years, its always possible itll slip out their mouth to someone, and even if they are also cool and no theif, they might tell someone. Eventually the wrong person hears about it and trys to take what is not his and those are problems I can live with out!

Dont be down friend just look for a willow tree in a local park and go get a few good thick branches and you and grow your own wilow tree smile and then well no worries wink wink:thumb:

GOOD LUCK, on your endeavor!!! Seeds from the 1980's, and You got a Sprout, AMAZING, 4SKully:goodjob: I have some old land race SEEDS that I would love to Grow Again, Your a Lucky Man!!!:bravo: I hope it is a Female, and if the other, a Male, so You can save the Pollen from it, and Make more seeds from Your bottom Branches, I mean if it was worth saving from the Late 80's, It musta been KILLER!!! Take care:high-five: SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.

good morning MrKrip i am anew grower and a newbie to this awesome site liked your advice in the five tips i do listen to my plants and as far as nutes go i am useing 1/4 cup of miracle grow every 2 weeks i have heard some negative stuf about MG but after hearing what you had to say about nutes i am no longer worried about all the high dollar stuff my wife and i started with 5 indicas and wound up with 2 good looking ladies still waiting for a friend with more computer savy and the rite equipment to put pics up to see what you guys and gals think of them as one person said "if there aint no pics it didnt happen" anyway thanks for the great tips!!! will wait for your response have a good one thongor and wife

good morning MrKrip i am anew grower and a newbie to this awesome site liked your advice in the five tips i do listen to my plants and as far as nutes go i am useing 1/4 cup of miracle grow every 2 weeks i have heard some negative stuf about MG but after hearing what you had to say about nutes i am no longer worried about all the high dollar stuff my wife and i started with 5 indicas and wound up with 2 good looking ladies still waiting for a friend with more computer savy and the rite equipment to put pics up to see what you guys and gals think of them as one person said "if there aint no pics it didnt happen" anyway thanks for the great tips!!! will wait for your response have a good one thongor and wife

Welcome to growing, Thongor (and wife!) and you're definately at the right spot to learn how to grow!

While I wouldn't necessarily spend lots of money on nutes, the MG probably isn't the best for MMJ simply because it very high in Nitrogen, which is good in Veg, but not as good in flower since it will result in more "leafy" buds. But, depending on your setup and budget, replacing nutes doesn't have to be at the top of your list since, as you've seen, you can grow buds even with MG! :)

You may want to checkout Oscomocote+, which you can pick up at Home Depot, and there are some great growers who swear by it. I believe OMM is currently growing with OC+ and I know there are many other grows here using it, too.

The OC+ also easy and great for "newbies", because it's a time-release fertilizer, so you don't need to apply it often.

Also, you'll find many growers here on :420: using Blue Planet Nutrients, which is one of the sponsors here and I just switched to them from using the Advanced Nutes (which are high-end, but expensive). You'll need to order the Blue Planet directly from the BPN website, and it will be a little more expensive than the OC+ (especially with shipping!), but the BPN is specifically formulated for MMJ.

Definately have fun and feel free to ask for help if/when you need it. Everyone here is happy to assist and if you haven't found out yet, you'll soon discover growing it is definately more addictive than smoking it! :Namaste:

P.S. If you decide to try the Osmocote, make sure you get OsmocotePLUS and not just Osmocote. It comes in both "flavors" and the PLUS has the micro nutrients!

MrKrip thank you for the quick reply we have a home depot close to us and my wife and i are going to go with what you have suggested our 2 remaining indicas (the smaller of the 2 ladies just showed us what she was in the last 2 days) are good to look at! being 61 yrs old this is turning into a nice hobby our biggest indica looks like she is going to give us a good return on the time invested from groung level she has branches going out over the sides of the bucket then heading for the top of the plant she is starting to stack pretty nicely some of the lower branches look better than the main cola there again thank you for the quick reply going to pin my friend down to get pics hopefully from start to finish on our ladies you have a good one mickey and thongor

Back
Top Bottom