What the heck is a ShiggityFlip anyway?

Well back a couple of decades ago my nickname was Shiggity, it was bestowed upon me by a friend and just kind of stuck. We were all big bowl stuffers back then and would lament how only the first hit was any good. All the other hits tasted charred. We wanted a way to have ALL green hits. Logic would have dictated that we pack smaller bowls but as young stoners we were anything but logical. We also tried the "four corners" method, but that never worked. The first person would hit it fine, but the second always forgot and burned the entire surface of the nugget, leaving the third person to enjoy the charcoal aftertaste.

I have always had a habit of pulling pieces of nug from the back of the nugget and working my way towards the top for the final bowl being the nug tip. I developed a smoking technique which naturally became known as the ShiggityFlip. I swore back then it would be used around the world making me immortal, and this now gives me the chance to make that a reality haha.

So the Shiggity also became synonymous for the nug stem. Here we have an example of a nugget that is prime and ready for the shiggityflip. Oversized for the bowl of course though you don't have to do one so big. It is just the tradition and I wanted to have it faithfully represented here. I have had this glass bong since 1992. Lets hope it never dies.

IMG_46747.JPG

Using your thumb press the nug nicely into the bowl, with the shiggity (stem) exiting out at an upward angle.

IMG_46756.JPG

Light the nugget but be careful not to burn the stem or the area next to the stem.After the first rip it should look like this:

IMG_46767.JPG

Grasp the shiggity and turn the nug 1/3, using thumb to repress into bowl.

IMG_46774.JPG

Relight in the same manner

IMG_46783.JPG

Flip for the final time and enjoy the last green hit!

IMG_46793.JPG

:Namaste: Hope this gave you a chuckle, and maybe you will try it!

Yo yo Shiggity Flip my bruddah from anudda...!!!
I am laughing my head off in between vape rips!! It's funny how a word can be interpreted many ways and still be right!
1st of all....thank you for removing the mystery of your name and how you came about it.
Who the hell knew the mystery would come with a tutorial!! :rofl:
Now wanna hear what I "thought" your name meant? :smokin:

Ahem...Shiggity:noun meaning The Shit. Meant as a noun to describe something desirable like: Yo this car is The Shit! Or damn! That weed was the shit man!
Flip: noun meaning to multiply quickly or to react strongly. "Wow! Did you see how they flipped the script? Now they want to negotiate after playing hard to get". Or..."watch me flip this property in 30 days". Or..."C'mon son! You saw how quickly I flipped them packs! I need more consignment bro!" Or (my favorite) "Dont make me flip (out) on you Sucka!":rofl:

Loosely translated I took your name to mean: Quick Shit Flipper! Or a dude who Flips Shit Quick!:laughtwo:
Somebody take my keyboard man...Before I Shiggity Flip out on ya! LOL!!:rofl:

Yo yo Shiggity Flip my bruddah from anudda...!!!
I am laughing my head off in between vape rips!! It's funny how a word can be interpreted many ways and still be right!
1st of all....thank you for removing the mystery of your name and how you came about it.
Who the hell knew the mystery would come with a tutorial!! :rofl:
Now wanna hear what I "thought" your name meant? :smokin:

Ahem...Shiggity:noun meaning The Shit. Meant as a noun to describe something desirable like: Yo this car is The Shit! Or damn! That weed was the shit man!
Flip: noun meaning to multiply quickly or to reach strongly. "Wow! Did you see how they flipped the script? Now they want to negotiate after playing hard to get". Or..."watch me flip this property in 30 days". Or..."C'mon son! You saw how quickly I flipped them packs! I need more consignment bro!" Or (my favorite) "Dont make me flip (out) on you Sucka!":rofl:

Loosely translated I took your name to mean: Quick Shit Flipper! Or a dude who Flips Shit Quick!:laughtwo:
Somebody take my keyboard man...Before I Shiggity Flip out on ya! LOL!!:rofl:

You really are correct in fact Stage. My friend who nicknamed me that was basically saying I was the shizznet or the Shiggity as he said it. But truly it is slang for shit haha. You have deep insight my friend. It's like you have a backstage pass.

Bruh.....I thought you knew. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using 420

This made my day. :rofl:

Yo Shiggs,
If you don't mind, I'll tell ya a little story. I'll ramble but let me paint the picture pls.
I'm puffin on the bubblegum in a green cigar blunt.
My Mighty vape is pre-loaded awaiting me to press the fire button.

Why do they call you Stage? You were wondering?
Well.... I really shouldn't explain it but I know you are just dying to know.(yea, right).

I was a DJ and I needed equipment.
I had a newspaper route but 28 dollars a month wasnt gonna cut it. My mom was distracted with silly shit like rent and food and clothing.
Turntables werent in HER budget. Problem

Being a voracious reader I used to love comic books.
All kinds of them but especially Marvel with DC comics a close 2nd.
They used to have comic conventions in Manhattan back in the 1970's.
There were two hotels that hosted them, The Diplomat and The Commodore near Penn Station.
They were sometimes 3 to 4 days long.

I was acutely aware of the value of certain issues of certain comics.

I wasn't an expert, but I was damn close. I got my hands on a trade magazine that gave me an edge on how to grade and know the value of comics.
As JJ on Good Times would say... "Momma..I Find thangs".

So one day at school I convinced some of my classmates to go to these conventions as a group and steal comics to keep and sell at a later date. I was 13 at the time.

We were very organized and we would always challenge each other coming up with different diversion tactics or make wagers on who got the most pricey comic.

I and my crew were very very successful. I even had Amazing Fantasy issue #15 not once but 2x.
For you Marvel buffs, that was the Amazing Spider-mans 1st issue. I had Bat Man (yep its spelled like that) 1st issue too.
As the ringleader they called me Stage because I staged the activities.
We were meticulous and never got caught. I eventually got the DJ equipment and the rest is history.

Man I just read this three times. A great story and I am so jazzed you shared it with me. I can see you sneaky lil bastards ruining some poor comic nerds day. (I am a nerd btw lol). Them doing the super mad stomp dance and screaming " MY AMAZING FANTASY #15!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!" And Stage just walking out like he owned the place.
BTW you won that December POTM like you stole it, so I guess you haven't redeemed your ways haha, just turned it towards big Nug growing.

Great share Stage. Maybe you will inspire others to come forward with their forum name story. If they are half as cool as yours it will be a pleasure to hear.

Btw I am trimming and puffing on some HK#8. Mass fuerte. Not like a headband, more like a bandit mask, like the ninja turtles wear.

Haha! Nice, I was saving this for a good wake and bake. & here I am, awoken and baken and now tryin my new found "ShigityFlip" technique.

Works great ! ha! This is probably going to be one of those times where it dose go down in history.... I'm proud to know the Original founder and OG! :high-five::passitleft:

Thank you for the beautiful anecdote, Shiggity.

Gotta say, this always wanting greens thing is something that I can relate to.

I would always just try to pack the perfect sized bowl so I can always get a green hit. People would question my ways, they would ask why..
I would even throw out half-burned bowls sometimes..

I wonder though, isn't the ShiggityFlip somewhat deceiving? Wouldn't you be hitting the same green material, regardless of if you flipped the shiggity?

Or is it a matter of physics? Must the Shiggity be flipped in a manner that the unburned material is facing outward in order to get 3 hits like that?

I swore back then it would be used around the world making me immortal, and this now gives me the chance to make that a reality haha.

i swear im not stalking you, but it may be hard not to now that i know I'm in the presence of a genius.

I guess in a way it should be called the shiggityspin or shiggitytwist haha. I keep turning the shiggity to get a new green hit each time. it brings up the green that was trapped on the bottom of the bowl and would have been wasted. It does however require the bowl to be nice and clean, something we all should do.

how do you clean your bowl, shigs?

how do you clean your bowl, shigs?

I usually just use a paper towel and get it while it's still hot. Comes right out. For the stem of the bowl piece for the bong I use a bamboo skewer. Never metal. Then when it all gets sloppy enough it gets isopropyl 93% and rough kosher salt. I soak the bowl in Iso and shake the living crap out of the bong. Then plug up the hole with a rubber stopper and let it soak abit and shake it again. Kosher salt makes such a great abrasive. Then a hot water flush till super rinsed.

Back
Top Bottom