What thermometer placement is more accurate?

TheFertilizer

I noticed when I put my thermometer under the light on the rims of my "pots" that the temperature is way higher than if I clip it to the side of my hood. I reasoned this is because of the direct heat from the light, but the question is, is the temperature in the light more representative of the conditions the plants are in? I know they are also receiving direct heat from the light, but unlike the thermometer they have ways to dissipate heat were as the thermometer is probably soaking up heat like a big heatsink, especially with the black sides...

IMG_20160516_002603.jpg
IMG_20160507_002506.jpg

Ye that is a good question :thumb:

Basically a grow tent is a micro environment so no matter where you move your thermometer with in the grow area the temperature will differ to some degree.

The best place for the thermometer reading is at plant level or canopy level with in a few inches for an accurate guide.

To help migrate temp issues around the plant canopy would be to use oscillating fans to improve air flow more so around the canopy level aka bud sites whilst in flower as heavy leaf strains may also trap humidity with in the region... it is a big micro climate thing we dealing with at the end of day & takes a careful eye to manage !

Back
Top Bottom