What to do if buds are getting over dry but the stems are still not snapping

crypiter

Everything I have read on this site suggests not to put buds into mason jars for curing until the stems snap. What if the stems still dont snap but the buds themselves are getting very dry heading towards brittle feeling? Should they wait for the stems or go into the jars anyway? The RH in the room is between 50% and 60%. No moving air is directly hitting the buds.Any useful input would be greatly appreciated. Plus reps for anyone who helps. Thanks in advance. :rollit:

You can put them into jars once they are mostly dried just open the jars a few times a day and let them breath for about 10 minutes then close them up ..I used to keep one extra jar and open one dump it into the empty jar say a few nice things to the buds and close it up do this to all the jars a few times a day this way the moisture slowly makes its way to the outer bud ....once their dry close em up and they'l stay fine for quite a while ...

Its usually caused by either too warm of a hanging room or too much circulation. Putting them in jars or plastic bags will work fine at this point. Just burp them a couple times a day. I like to use bags and turn the material over once a day too so that the bottom dries out at the same rate as the top material.

Also if you end up getting bud thats too dry, snip a few green fan leafs off your vegging plants and stick them in the bag for a few days to rehydrate the bud a little. Adds more smell too.

once a day or every other day opening should be fine if stems snap but buds are spongy. at least in norcal temps/humidity. I would imagine in a more humid climate it would be different.

The idea is to equalize the moisture by sealing it up, but still letting breathe everyday. so long as you dont smell ammonia when the bag/or jar is opened its all good.

once a day or every other day opening should be fine if stems snap but buds are spongy. at least in norcal temps/humidity. I would imagine in a more humid climate it would be different.

The idea is to equalize the moisture by sealing it up, but still letting breathe everyday. so long as you dont smell ammonia when the bag/or jar is opened its all good.

well that's interesting what if it does smell like ammonia what should u do then cuz I'm having that slow dry/cure process and it smells like ammonia when I burp the jars and some tell me that it is the strain (trainwreck)? I am having the same problem with my outdoor harvest as far as being a little crispy but no snap and I harvested Oct.9

Id move it to a plastic shopping bag inside a paperbag with the top folded over a few times...
When stems snap, put back into sealed bag or jars, with a few burp and sniffs, to see if there's any funky smells.

Theres these tiny little digital humidity metes on ebay for under $8, you can put them right in the container facing out so you can see whats going on moisture wise.

Back
Top Bottom