What to do? What to try? Help?

inhaleriam

I also am growing some BD, My first year as well. All has been going great. Last week I hear about bad gnats, and how some are loosing the battle. Yesterday, I noticed one of my BD queens being lazy. I inspected her, the ground, her soil, the area, the other queens. I see nothing out of the ordinary. This morning, 1/2 of her (2 stalks) will not wake, wilted. Inspection time again, I find nothing. 2 hours later, the other 1/2 of her is wilted.
Not sure why. Pulling my hair out all day, trying to determine, what went wrong.
I PH test water daily. I PH test soil daily.I test moisture before watering, I spray with Azamax weekly, spray with pyganics weekly, I have used the Gnatroll product and watered it in, as directed. I also use the typical omi food/nutrient products. IE Bat, Maxi, Mychorazae etc.
My QUEEN is just limp, wilted, but yet still green, no yellowing, no browning, no burning. Would look happy and healthy, if it were not wilted.
Anyone with any ideas?

Re: What to do? What to try? HELP???

Well, honestly using them because I am afraid to get an outbreak of anything. Lol. Actually I spray the py and the aza weekly as a preventative. The Gnatroll product was a one time thing, because when i first noticed the issue another grower told me that I may have them down in the soil and for me to water with that, approx 5 to 6 inches down.
I have a huge field, no trees, all have pads, with wire,, and in 300 gal smart pots. OF soil, worm castings added. With cedar bark as a protective cover.
Not sure how to add a pic as of yet, however will work on it. For now, it is just wilted, the leaves. The branches, and the stock are still holding their own. This queen is also approx 6 to 7 ft tall, and round as well.

Re: What to do? What to try? HELP???

hmm... so you haven't seen any bugs on the plant... that's good.

Take part of the stalk of the dead plant and split it in half, is is brown and rotty looking inside?

Could be fusarium wilt but we still need to see a pic or two!
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Back
Top Bottom