What to do with a weak plant

Mahmood0

420 Member
This plant has 5 days old and it’s too stretchy and tall stem, i hanged an small LED by 60 watt power(800 lm), the distance is about 2 inchs, do you think it’s too close or too far? There no heat around the bulb and wattage is only 60 watt, so the close distance should be ok, what do you recommend? In addition i have a 400 watt HPS bulb, and i will use it after the plant grow a little more, but what do I do with this weak plant?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 97
So when my seedlings do this I use some garden tie to make a u or w shape and I let her rest (not hold it in place) just stick the ends into the soil and adjust the tie so the plant has something to support her while she fixes her self.

Sometimes ph problems will do this too. I’m not a soil grower but how’s your run off?

How tall is she can you measure her height? I think stunner is right She sees your light but it’s not strong enough I think. She has bent to reach the “hot spot” on that bulb, the point where she feels she’s eating the most light. If you don’t switch to the hps right away at least set the light to be over the point where she growing out of from your pics it looks like the lights offset from her starting point. Remember they don’t grow up they grow towards light but against gravity.

This small led that you are using. Burple or full spectrum? What’s the temperature(the k rating)

So when my seedlings do this I use some garden tie to make a u or w shape and I let her rest (not hold it in place) just stick the ends into the soil and adjust the tie so the plant has something to support her while she fixes her self.

Sometimes ph problems will do this too. I’m not a soil grower but how’s your run off?

How tall is she can you measure her height? I think stunner is right She sees your light but it’s not strong enough I think. She has bent to reach the “hot spot” on that bulb, the point where she feels she’s eating the most light. If you don’t switch to the hps right away at least set the light to be over the point where she growing out of from your pics it looks like the lights offset from her starting point. Remember they don’t grow up they grow towards light but against gravity.

This small led that you are using. Burple or full spectrum? What’s the temperature(the k rating)

I will sometimes use the red cups with less soil and the edge of the cup will hold it up. I have even gotten forked small branches and cleaned them and sharpened the end and stuck in the soil and let the Y shape hold it up.

Thanks for replying, the bulb is 2700k warm white, is it ok to keep it on for 24 hours per day?

2700k is a flowering light very good spectrum for flowering, Very red heavy, it will add to stretching. Aim for a light with more blue. 3500k is a good all around light 4000k and higher will be a good VEG ONLY light. In your case just get the 3500 plus for your next grow.

Attachments

• AC939345-2E26-49DE-B422-872B013FA949.png
    AC939345-2E26-49DE-B422-872B013FA949.png
    1 MB · Views: 89
2700k is a flowering light very good spectrum for flowering, Very red heavy, it will add to stretching. Aim for a light with more blue. 3500k is a good all around light 4000k and higher will be a good VEG ONLY light. In your case just get the 3500 plus for your next grow.
Good points, thank you

Yes it needs more light. A fan and a support of some sort will help it out.

The simple branch idea would work great. As a member mentioned, get a 4000k bulb on it. 2700k is very red heavy.

Back
Top Bottom