What to do with fan leaves

Chungo

I have been trimming my plants up and have quite a collection of drying Fan leaves. I know there is only small amounts of THC in the leaves but is there anything a person can do with the Fan leaves (not sugar leaves) in a concentrate or oil that is worth the effort. I have seen many recipes for sugar leaves but can't recall seeing one for Fan leaves. Recipes would be appreciated thanks in advance......

Put them in your vermicast/ worm bin, (worms love them). Or throw a handful in your blender with your morning smoothie!

Fan leaves, at best, will contain only trace elements of THC. Throw them in your compost bin. Not worth the effort.

Fan leaves, at best, will contain only trace elements of THC. Throw them in your compost bin. Not worth the effort.
Your are probably right but I would like to see what I can get out of this discarded stuff so if I can extract even small amounts of concentrates I would see how worthless the effort is. So I am looking at possibly a reduction recipe for right now that does not require a large amount of material input other than ETOH for shatter .......

OK, but remember you were warned. There is a reason why people don't smoke fan leaves. ;)

You can make bubble hash with just ice and a jar and maybe use a bit of cotton from an old t shirt as a strainer screen.
But you won’t get any worthwhile amount from the leaves because they.... aren’t flowers, basically.

Your are probably right but I would like to see what I can get out of this discarded stuff so if I can extract even small amounts of concentrates I would see how worthless the effort is. So I am looking at possibly a reduction recipe for right now that does not require a large amount of material input other than ETOH for shatter .......
You can make hash out of the sugar leaves. I smoked fan leaves a few times back in the seventies... I'll let the worms enjoy mine, I have way too many flowers to vape...

Wot i did with my last lot of leaves trimmed off a grow.

Have also done tinctures. 25g dry wieght of leaves, decarbed, extracted in alcohol, and evaped down to 40-50ml gives a nice mild buzz tincture. Dropper full in a coffee works well. :)

Wot i did with my last lot of leaves trimmed off a grow.

Have also done tinctures. 25g dry wieght of leaves, decarbed, extracted in alcohol, and evaped down to 40-50ml gives a nice mild buzz tincture. Dropper full in a coffee works well. :)
Thank you this is what I wanted to know if anyone has done this ETOH extract and if it was worth it. I don't know how much fan leaf I will end up with but at this point I think I have dried out 100-150 grams of leaves and I have about 2 months left of this grow so there will be more.....Thanks again.

Seems like a lot of effort for "a nice mild buzz ". Particularly when you would have plenty of fresh bud at that point. But it's a free country... more or less.

It's not for the buzz because there isn't any.
It's for the nutrients and the cannabinoid acids.
It's a good ingredient in smoothies in place of Kale or spinach.
And mixed with peppermint which I grow on my deck it makes a nice nighttime tea with a spoonful of honey.

It's not for the buzz because there isn't any.
It's for the nutrients and the cannabinoid acids.
It's a good ingredient in smoothies in place of Kale or spinach.
And mixed with peppermint which I grow on my deck it makes a nice nighttime tea with a spoonful of honey.

I dry and grind up everything but the stems and roots, using the whole plant for cooking herbs. Yes, you can get righteously stoned adding a 1/4 cup of herbs to your beef or chicken stew!

I also make kind of a Green Dragon type thing by taking as many stems as will fit into a bottle of 100 proof Vodka and let that marinate a month or two.

TY for the idea. I have been discarding the petioles. What do you use the tincture for?

Back
Top Bottom