What to do with this Herm?

GrowMan

The top of my White Widow plant (grown from seed), looks like this:

DSC00723s.jpg

I seem to have a Hermaphrodite. Aren't those male seed pods? They are growing out of the same plant.

DSC00738s.jpg

Another view:

DSC00740s.jpg

I have separated it from the rest of my girls, but now want to know:

1. Can I pull off the sacs and protect it from going to seed or pollinating the other female plants in my room?

2. What can I do with this plant to make sure I get some smokeable buds from it?

3. Will leaving it in total darkness speed up the process of finishing off the plant at the bud stage it is at (I only have one grow room, but many dark closets).

Please help.

GM:thanks:

1) U can, but this is a plant and plants grow. If u miss or break one open it doesn't take much pollen to seed ur girls. U can cut it, dry it and cook with it or use it to clone or breed. I can't see any other reason to keep a male/hermie. Some people say that feminized seeds come from hermies. As far as smokable, hell anything is smokable. I had a hermie in a 4x4 space and I think only 2 had seeds and they still smoked but u'd be better off cooking or making hash becuse compared to the other plant's flowers it'll be like schwag.Stick with sensi. I'd isolate it from the rest if ur gonna keep it.

2)Take care of it the same u would the others,feed, water, flush, dry, and cure properly.

3)The only time I've heard of this practice is the last 24-48 hrs to increase resin production. There's an open debate on the subject. In my opinion no, it will not speed up the process. Plants convert light into energy thru photosynthesis. They use this energy to grow and reproduce. When flowering that's what cannabis does grows and attempts to reproduce. In my opinion leaving a flowering plant in the dark may have a counter effect. Just a thought.

How are ur temperature and humidity? One of the strains that hermied on me was WW. Hot as hell, summertime. She show p for harvest with a gang of seeds (small ones though). I think bubble gum was the other that hermied, but heat and humidity had a lot to do with it in that run. Hope this helps.

1) U can, but this is a plant and plants grow. If u miss or break one open it doesn't take much pollen to seed ur girls. U can cut it, dry it and cook with it or use it to clone or breed. I can't see any other reason to keep a male/hermie. Some people say that feminized seeds come from hermies. As far as smokable, hell anything is smokable. I had a hermie in a 4x4 space and I think only 2 had seeds and they still smoked but u'd be better off cooking or making hash becuse compared to the other plant's flowers it'll be like schwag.Stick with sensi. I'd isolate it from the rest if ur gonna keep it.

2)Take care of it the same u would the others,feed, water, flush, dry, and cure properly.

3)The only time I've heard of this practice is the last 24-48 hrs to increase resin production. There's an open debate on the subject. In my opinion no, it will not speed up the process. Plants convert light into energy thru photosynthesis. They use this energy to grow and reproduce. When flowering that's what cannabis does grows and attempts to reproduce. In my opinion leaving a flowering plant in the dark may have a counter effect. Just a thought.

How are ur temperature and humidity? One of the strains that hermied on me was WW. Hot as hell, summertime. She show p for harvest with a gang of seeds (small ones though). I think bubble gum was the other that hermied, but heat and humidity had a lot to do with it in that run. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for the input. I guess the closet thing was a bad idea. I just knew I needed to move it away from the other plants and I did not have another 12/12 light set up anywhere. Maybe I will set up a flourescent on a timer and let it cook a little longer. Or, maybe I will dry and cure it and roll it into hash. Hope it has enough Tricones. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom