What to do?

drynugs

On a whim I had a seed, I planted it, and put it on the windowsill. About 6-8 weeks have passed. I want to force this to bud, should I snip the top. Should I replant it. Any recommendations are appreciated. It's about a foot tall.
IMG_09709.JPG

Wow, that pic brings back memories. I did that with a 2 liter 7-Up bottle when I was in the 9th grade. Hope you have drainage holes in the bottom of the bottle. Clear containers aren't a great idea. Roots aren't supposed to be exposed to the light. 1st thing I recommend is that you transplant that into a larger pot. 2nd I'd top it and clone the cut top. Place the clone completely in the dark for 12 hours a day to see if this is a male or female plant. If it turns out to be female u can continue to allow the clone to flower. Keep the original plant as a mother and continue to cut clones. Just my 2 cents. :peace:

Wow, that pic brings back memories. I did that with a 2 liter 7-Up bottle when I was in the 9th grade. Hope you have drainage holes in the bottom of the bottle. Clear containers aren't a great idea. Roots aren't supposed to be exposed to the light. 1st thing I recommend is that you transplant that into a larger pot. 2nd I'd top it and clone the cut top. Place the clone completely in the dark for 12 hours a day to see if this is a male or female plant. If it turns out to be female u can continue to allow the clone to flower. Keep the original plant as a mother and continue to cut clones. Just my 2 cents. :peace:

There is a saying that goes something like 'Give a man a fish, and he has a meal. Teach a man to fish and he has food for a lifetime' (or something like that). BWC Bayarea very succinctly just taught you "how to fish" - pretty damn cool in my book.

If you decide you don't want to learn to fish, but just want "a fish" - you should still do the parts suggested right up through topping. In addition I would make sure the plant has a strictly blacked out 12 hours a day alternated with 12 hours of light, a comfy atmosphere, and read everything you can (including sex identification) in the last link of my signature below this post. You might end up with a helluva nice bunch of nugs as a result!

:goodluck:

Thx for the replies. I started the 12-123 cycle yesterday(April 1). As far as the cloning process, I dont even know how to do that, If I cut the top, what to i put the cutting in to have it establish roots. I understand it may not matter, if the plant turns out to be male. Hopefully in a week I will know the sex.

Thx for the replies. I started the 12-123 cycle yesterday(April 1). As far as the cloning process, I dont even know how to do that, If I cut the top, what to i put the cutting in to have it establish roots. I understand it may not matter, if the plant turns out to be male. Hopefully in a week I will know the sex.

I've strictly grown from seed, so I'd have to steer you toward this link - go to the section "Cloning Methods":

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom