What Type of Lighting is Best?

I use a Budget LED Red Spec 3 500 for my 4x4. Check them out.
yup, series 3 red spec 250 over here, prying
20201016_181700.jpg
it from my cold dead hands is the only way that's leaving here lol.

"Everything is on a COB! Get back in the ship!"
best type is LED full spectrum
any one used HLG 600r thinking to buy one and where the best i can find
I've got two of their 100w quantum boards and Absolutely LOVE them.
I use a Budget LED Red Spec 3 500 for my 4x4. Check them out.
I use old school HIDs, that cost hundreds less than any of those LEDs

Proof is in the pics my friends :passitleft:

Yes, my first choice Mocha. But the comparisons are in and it seems like the diehard stalwart holdouts will do what they know works and HID works, like the Sun. Hot. That's it's one simple flaw/ness but also the reason it works so well, when comparing them to LEDs, which can penetrate somewhat but nowhere near enough without throwing an equal amount of watts into it and like you said about the expense of the LEDs. If I could choose/start again and had a larger area I'd go back to HID.

Yeah they both work well just depends on your setup. I use to run se hps and de hps forever switched to qbs and almost instanty got more gpw. Better efficiency equals more gpw that why a 1000w de will yield you more than a 1000w se. Old school cats will always dawg on new school tech. Even if it been proven the new tech is 10x better.

Keep dawgin on it long enough and it becomes old tech :laughtwo: Like those incredibly amazing LED$ that people here were bragging about five or six years ago- going around saying ‘HPS is totally obsolete’.
Now those lights are obsolete junk. It didn’t take a genius to see they were junk then too. Meanwhile I’m still using the same HIDs.

Also a lot to be said for not paying for R&D costs in a market where prices are still inflated IMO. Look at what we’re buying- a power cable, wall watt, some aluminum, and a handful of diodes- going to cost me over $1000 Canadian to get mere 500 watts worth delivered. So to replace my three HIDs would cost me well over $3000 ? Then -I can start ‘saving money on power’? Ha ha ha ha -no thanks. :rofl:
There’s a certain efficiency in not spending a small fortune on your lighting. Wait a year or two and watch those prices drop.

And- I like heat in my grow. It’s cold out.

Lots of variables and different sides to every story, is my point. Most of us are not too blind to read lighting stats. I’ve got QB panels too. I couldn’t care less about pushing any type of lighting on anyone else. I wish everyone happiness and joy growing with whatever they use.
:passitleft:

Keep dawgin on it long enough and it becomes old tech :laughtwo: Like those incredibly amazing LED$ that people here were bragging about five or six years ago- going around saying ‘HPS is totally obsolete’.
Now those lights are obsolete junk. It didn’t take a genius to see they were junk then too. Meanwhile I’m still using the same HIDs.

Also a lot to be said for not paying for R&D costs in a market where prices are still inflated IMO. Look at what we’re buying- a power cable, wall watt, some aluminum, and a handful of diodes- going to cost me over $1000 Canadian to get mere 500 watts worth delivered.
There’s a certain efficiency in not spending a small fortune on your lighting. Wait a year or two and watch those prices drop.

And- I like heat in my grow. It’s cold out.

Lots of variables and different sides to every story, is my point. Most of us are not too blind to read lighting stats. I’ve got QB panels too. I couldn’t care less about pushing any type of lighting on anyone else. I wish everyone happiness and joy growing with whatever they use.
:passitleft:
Yeah for sure man its cold use hps you live in Canada use hps

Back
Top Bottom