What variety means to me

Jackalope

Finally got back to my happy place. Everyone likes variety that is nothing new. Mostly I thought it was because I wanted different weed for different things. Of course that is a major part of it. It is so much more I have discovered. I recently realized what I really like is choices of each. Not just nighttime weed and daytime weed but choices of each to suit my tastes at the time.

It is truly nice to sit for a minute and decide what I want to smoke next. Now no matter what my mood is I have choices. Pretty sure I have become a pot snob LMAO.

This was why I chose to grow 6 varieties in my tent this time... each has a different high, a different mood. I can think and write on some, some make me chatty, some make me able to meditate, some relax me and some get me going in the morning. Without this variety I am afraid I would be a couch locked stoner and would get lost in whatever I happened to be growing at that moment, and I am afraid that I wouldn't get anything productive done.

I like variety too, and the reason why each grow I do 6-7 different strains. I’m sort of new to marijuana as a grower and user (coming up on a year) I live with family and we all use it for sleep/pain aid. We are just a bit odd with our use as not every strain works for us. A strain can work great for 2-3 days and do nothing after that, and I will need to switch it up for another strain for 2-3 days before that first strain works again. Friends of mine can smoke the same strain over and over again with the same effect but not for me. So variety is needed but I will admit if I find one I like from a grow/purchase I will regrow it again. Reason why I planted another Black Domina seed for my 2nd grow going on now, and same for Cinderella 99. I tried growing C99 on my last grow, but it was a clone that happen to be full of spider mites. Nearly destroyed my first grow, but for sure messed up a few of my plants. Although I will admit that I grow C99 more for social hangouts and movie watching then pain relief. My god the colours look amazing on it, and I get a bit mesmerized when watching a 3D film on my projector too.

I have to agree on the C-99. Great social weed. It is one of my favorite daytime weeds.

EhCndGrower mention a important piece of info. Tolerance! One reason to grow multiple strains is to avoid tolerance issues. Some strains are worse than others. Not just tolerance but ceiling come into effect with multiple strains. A strain with a great high and a low ceiling can be just as bad as one where tolerance issues show up. If you smoke it after strong strains you get very little from the high.

We all feel effects differently. What works for one person won't necessarily work for others. Someone couldn't take my top ten stains and not be happy with them as I am. I am not quite to ten strains yet. I do have enough now to help me through the rest of the search. Took years to get me to this point LMAO.

I seem to develop a tolerance pretty quickly these days. When I first started smoking regularly, the same strain could go for several ounces before I noticed a lack of effect. Now, it seems like after about an eighth it gets weaker and it gets pointless to smoke after a quarter. By then I absolutely have to switch. That issue factored in when I bought my tent, I knew I would be wanting to keep a lot of strains on hand so I got a tent big enough (4x8) to let me grow several strains at once. If I get too much accumulated I can always sell/give surplus to friends and family or make a bunch of butter.

Tolerance is a big issue for lots of us. One of my biggest tests of a strain is how long I still like it. Ie; It still gets me high lol. Some of the strains that were stars early on just don't impress me by the time I am half way through the jar. Even with lots of different strains to smoke it can still be noticeable.

Tolerance changes strain to strain. As you grow you will find strains that work better for you than others. My guess is it goes along with "Ceiling". The strains I keep because I have no tolerance issues with also seem to have a very high or no ceiling. Chances are pretty good they go together.

The longer you grow the more people figure it out. Only the ones close to you will notice enough to matter. One main factor. No one see the grow! No matter how well you know them.

Only my oldest friends know I grow. No matter how much I like and trust them. They don't get to see the how ,where, and what I am doing.

Another key, Don't sell weed. By giving it away you are still distributing. So it won't help you any there. It is just that money can fuck up anything better to not connect it to you grow.

Only my oldest friends know I grow. No matter how much I like and trust them. They don't get to see the how ,where, and what I am doing.

Another key, Don't sell weed. By giving it away you are still distributing. So it won't help you any there. It is just that money can fuck up anything better to not connect it to you grow.

Yeah folks you give something to are less likely to cause issues than someone you sell to (steal, turn you in, etc..), still the issue of you can't control who they tell that could/can be a problem. But for me here in OR it is also following the law, as I can grow so many plants and give it away to anyone of age as long as it not an amount over the possession limit, just can't sell it or trade it for other things (like the dipstick that traded on Craigslist a few pounds for a snowmobile to someone who turned out to be a cop, brilliant idiots ;) ). So the kids at the Espresso stand I frequent like my tips I give from time to time (I call them "kids" cause they my Son's age group, but I don't give it to anyone that is not 21 yet, if the ones that are 21 want to share with others working there that are not that is out of my control ;) ) some days I just bring them food (donuts, cookies) as I do recall the days of being a broke college student even though that was eons ago ;) :rofl:.

One thing that really sucks when someone knows.They are now your friend forever. Best to pick them right.

Back
Top Bottom