What went wrong???

D

DjSrReal

Ive really wanted to try eating bud for a long time, and ive tried cooking it unsuccessfuly about 3 times. The last time (yesterday) I followed directions as well as i could and was confident that it would work, but 1.5 hours after eating the butter i had nothing. This is exactly what i did:

Put approximatly 1.5 tablespoons butter, 1 gram finely grinded bud (definetly enough to get me high if smoked), and 5 oz water into a small pan.

Put small pan in bigger pan filled with already boiling water (double boiler)

Used propane camping stove outside (smell woudl be problem in kitchen, adn kept the water in the big pan boiling (really boiling enough to make the small pan move slightly in the water) for about 1 hour. While stirring butter/water mixture also.

I did not take notice to the color of the bud in the "finished" butter, but it definetly wasnt brown. The butter/water did not boil or anyhting like that, if it matters i could smell a stronger weed smell when cooking it than coming from the finished product.

I strained the butter through a coffee filet adn got as much of the Butter/water into a container as i could.

I put it in a fridge for aobut 9 hours, unfortunatly the fridge was too cold adn some ice got mixed in with the butter, but not much and i ate it anyways just in case.

I ate it all at once, and as i said before, after 1.5 hours nothing had happened and i called it a failure.

I cant afford to waste anymore bud adn i ahve no resources for mass amounts of leaf etc. but i really want to try eating it! any ideas on what went wrong or a better way to do it woudl be very greatly appreciated!!!

If it's the camping stoves i'm thinking of, they probably don't give off enough heat, Try not using the double boiler technique.

Also just a gram? You really should use more I know it's enough to get you high when smoking but eating is different.

Also what was the butter like when you took it out of the fridge? Did it actually have real butter texture?

The stove was one of the 2 burner type with a seperate propane tank, but shouldnt the temp in the small pan have been about the boiling temp of water becasues of the double boiler?

Also the butter seemed like normal butter when i took i out, i really thought it wouold work.

My best guess at this point (from what ive read) is that i burned off the THC, although the weed did not turn brown. But thanks for the reply

^ actually when smoking you inhale more then just the THC but other cannabinoids that get you feeling "high".

So im not sure but if during cooking butter only the THC is bonded to the butter then it would be a different high without the cannabinoids.

Back
Top Bottom