420 Magazine Background

What Were Your Favourite Concerts?

HashGirl

Mine were:

• George Thorogood & the Destroyers - May 2000
  • Green Day - July 2009
  • The Who - 1982
  • Black Steel - 1980? (a band from the old neighbourhood when I was around 20)
  • Barenaked Ladies - 1997
  • Goddo - 1986?
  • Leahy plus Ian & Sylvia Tyson - August 2002 - it poured all weekend but the music was so good, we bought rainsuits from Canadian Tire and sat in the rain and watched and listened - Leahy was AWESOME
  • Our Lady Peace - June 2015
  • I'd put Rush in Hamilton in the late 70s if I liked Rush. It was an AWESOME concert but it had nothing (or hardly anything) to do with the music. I just remember being really, really high. :cool027:

Norcaliwood

Plant of the Year: 2017 - Grow Journal of the Month: Feb 2017 - Plant of the Month: Nov 2009, April 2017 - Nug of the Month: April 2017 - Photo of the Month: Jan 2018 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Feb 2017

Dwight Monk

420 Support
420 Staff
Not in order by favorite, but favorite ones:

The Cars-1979 (First out of town concert)
early 80's:
Queen
Black Sabbath (first Dio era) at Oregon Jam with Blue Oyster Cult and Molly Hatchet
Judas Priest (3 times)
Nazareth
Scorpions
Michael Schenker Group (seen him about 6 or 7 times now)
US Festival Heavy Metal Day (Priest, Scorps, Crue, Triumph, Van Halen, Quiet Riot)
Ozzy

Norcaliwood

Plant of the Year: 2017 - Grow Journal of the Month: Feb 2017 - Plant of the Month: Nov 2009, April 2017 - Nug of the Month: April 2017 - Photo of the Month: Jan 2018 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Feb 2017
I went to see the first tour for the Scorp's down in the Bay Area,, SF. Black Sabbath''' Man was the shit.. Hey even KISS did a GREAT concert.. SF is the place for concerts.. They have so many huge venues there,, and tons of small ones in Berkley. Was I was younger,, 73-85 I hit one every week damn near.. Was always something kicking off... Cal Jams down south and Day on the Greens in Oakland.. I didn't go to it,,, but I grew pot right next to the Altamount Raceway... Long after the Stones did that thing with the Red and Whites... Go Big Red!!!!
Hashgirl has acouple I;m not fimalar with,, but all the others work.. And I've seen alot of them.. Thanks Peoples Keepem Green

Norcaliwood

Another concert by the new band in Washington'

Keepem Green

Norcaliwood

And;

Keepem Green

HashGirl

I went to see the first tour for the Scorp's down in the Bay Area,, SF. Black Sabbath''' Man was the shit.. Hey even KISS did a GREAT concert.. SF is the place for concerts.. They have so many huge venues there,, and tons of small ones in Berkley. Was I was younger,, 73-85 I hit one every week damn near.. Was always something kicking off... Cal Jams down south and Day on the Greens in Oakland.. I didn't go to it,,, but I grew pot right next to the Altamount Raceway... Long after the Stones did that thing with the Red and Whites... Go Big Red!!!!
Hashgirl has acouple I;m not fimalar with,, but all the others work.. And I've seen alot of them.. Thanks Peoples Keepem Green
You might not know the last 6 mentioned as they're all Canadian and I know that a fair amount of Canadian music probably doesn't get played in the U.S.

Pennywise

Member of the Year: 2017 - Member of the Month: Mar & Oct 2017, Aug 2018, May 2019 - Plant of the Month: Aug 2017

HashGirl

Pennywise

Member of the Year: 2017 - Member of the Month: Mar & Oct 2017, Aug 2018, May 2019 - Plant of the Month: Aug 2017

MiOutdoorsman

Ozzy 81, 84, 87, 94 all in Detroit. Nazereth/ Billy squire 84 Detroit Black Sabbath/wasp 86ish Detroit. Motley Crew 87 Detroit. ACDC 88 Toledo. Pantera 93 Detroit. White zombie 95 Toledo Metallica 96 Toledo

Pennywise

HashGirl

Wow! There are a lot of metal fans here, I see. Personally, I don't love metal for the most part. I like Guns 'n Roses' stuff from the 80s/90s but that's about it.

Since I posted my original list, I need to add Green Day, March 2017 and The Tragically Hip, August 2016.

Pennywise

HashGirl

So far this year, I've bought tickets for:

• The Debaters (a comedy show on Canada's version of the NPR)
  • Santana (birthday present for Felonious)
  • Stomp (dancing musical - birthday present for my little sisters who are turning 50 this year)
  • George Thorogood & the Destroyers (in April)
  • Arkells with Bishop Briggs and Cold War Kids in June

:3:

Pennywise

HashGirl

He is pretty awesome. We saw him in May 2000 at Massey Hall, an older theatre in Toronto and it was a rockin' good time.

Top Bottom