what will happen?

Hydroid

Im around 23days into flowering lights on at 8am and off at 8pm. Saturday morning all was good waterd my babies and then went out, i came home sunday afternoon and the babies looked good. then around 11pm went to have a last check b4 bed and my light was still on, checked the timer and it was working but had not turned the light off and i dont know how long its been on for could of been an extra 3 hours or even worse 39 hours from sat morning. i turned light off str8 away got a new timer and let them sleep till monday evening when my 12/12 started again.

Ive read that even the dimist light for a short amount of time when lights are ment to be off can switch plants back to veg. any help please or advice on what to do

thanks ppl

Timers

Make sure that ur timer is rated for the amperage ur running thru it. I've read of growers overloading timers or using the wrong kind. The forums taught me that the ballasts use the most current during ignition (of the HIDs). Doin this daily heats the metal and solder in the circuit. Some circuit components fuse creating a constant complete circuit. So be sure that ur not using a drug store lamp timer to control HIDs. One day of the light cycle thrown off shouldn't affect the girls much like Be Irie said. If it does, let us know. :peace:

Up until now ive been doing wot Zodiakgrower7 said and venting wen lights on but ive noticed that now the temps are dropping more at night its causing milldue to settle on my babies. Be IRIE would running the fan 24/7 stop this from happening and will the temps drop anymore?

Thanks all

Ive seen some effects like a weak swell from reverting for a short time...but keep that in mind and harvest based on trich's and not schedule....u should b fine :]

i run my big fan 24/7 as well but I recirculate (scrub) my air and contain it within the grow area, mind you, that it costs me more and is a constant cost instead of intermittent. But I don't have luxury of accidental odors. It must not smell outside! :[

if humidity stays high you could have earn yourself a mildew/mold problem....if its too cold your plants will stop processing sugar (that's real bad)....so you may have to supplement heat :[...which is costly :[ but remember that 68 degrees F is a target low line...so small heater(ceramic) would suffice in most cases

I also run my lights at night to help warm up the room, lights out during the day( stays between 67- 72 ) and the lights on temp is 79-81.....

High humidity can cause a shitload of problems from mold to bugs.

if humidity stays high you could have earn yourself a mildew/mold problem....if its too cold your plants will stop processing sugar (that's real bad)....so you may have to supplement heat :[...which is costly :[ but remember that 68 degrees F is a target low line...so small heater(ceramic) would suffice in most cases

I have put a small heater in there for nights and i will run fan for 24/7 that way it wont get to hot and humid and hopfully will keep conditions good :thanks:

I have put a small heater in there for nights and i will run fan for 24/7 that way it wont get to hot and humid and hopfully will keep conditions good :thanks:
So you are running your lights during the hottest part of the day and heater for the coldest part of the day? if you were to switch your cycles so that your light is on during the coldest part you could eliminate the extra cost of a space heater. those things are money hogs. trust me...they are the only heat my 1400 square foot house has. That and window air conditioners. My electric bill runs over $400.00 a month in a good month.
And your extraction fans should be on or have the ability to come on 24/7. I have a enviromental controller that kicks my fan on when the temps or when the humidity gets too high. I can adjust the settings to fit my needs and it even kicks off the co2 injection when the fans come on so I'm not sucking it out with the hot air.

Back
Top Bottom