What would happen if?

Hazie Clear

Let's say I had 1 feminized jack H. 1 feminized auto white widow. And 1 male afghan. In one cabinet. What if I let the afghan pollinate the other 2. I don't know much bout this stuff. I assume the fems will grow seed, but what would the seeds be? Just a 50/50 cross? All seeds produced would no longer be feminized? Any input would be most helpful. Thanks.

I think autoflower is a recessive trait so it would probably be lost, or most of the seeds wouldn't carry it. You'd have to grow them out to find out. And they would go back to 50/50 male female ratio. Fem seeds are created with colloidal silver, not bred that way. I could be wrong cause I've never studied it, just trying to remember what I heard before

34 views, no replies. So I'm not as dumb as I think i am?

Once your male afgan pollinates the females feminized or not, will produce regular seeds (50/50 fem-male ratio) b ecause the seeds will contain both male and female genetics from the parents. All the seeds will have many different phenos from the parenents genetics. Grow a bunch of those seeds out and see what they do. This is where you stabilize the strain. u select the best pheno, back cross it with the origonal female and then most the seeds should stabilize your desired traits. Due to a smaller gene pool to chose from.
feminized seeds are created by making a female produce male traits (pollen sacs), done by light stress or collodial silver or over ripeness as nauture does it. Note these are not hermaphrodites. pollen that is secreted from the female plants stamminate (pollen sacs) contain female genetics only. That pollen then must be bred with another female or itself to produce feminized seeds.
Your auto genetics crossed with the reg photo genes will produce regular seeds as the autoflower trait is recessive. You will get some seeds that will carry the autoflower genes but it will be hard to tell which ones till they flower.
If you do let that male go rampant in there youll have 1000s of seeds. Separate the male from the females, collect its pollen and selectivly pollnate a few buds for some seed stock.

Hope that helps

Once your male afgan pollinates the females feminized or not, will produce regular seeds (50/50 fem-male ratio) b ecause the seeds will contain both male and female genetics from the parents. All the seeds will have many different phenos from the parenents genetics. Grow a bunch of those seeds out and see what they do. This is where you stabilize the strain. u select the best pheno, back cross it with the origonal female and then most the seeds should stabilize your desired traits. Due to a smaller gene pool to chose from.
feminized seeds are created by making a female produce male traits (pollen sacs), done by light stress or collodial silver or over ripeness as nauture does it. Note these are not hermaphrodites. pollen that is secreted from the female plants stamminate (pollen sacs) contain female genetics only. That pollen then must be bred with another female or itself to produce feminized seeds.
Your auto genetics crossed with the reg photo genes will produce regular seeds as the autoflower trait is recessive. You will get some seeds that will carry the autoflower genes but it will be hard to tell which ones till they flower.
If you do let that male go rampant in there youll have 1000s of seeds. Separate the male from the females, collect its pollen and selectivly pollnate a few buds for some seed stock.

Hope that helps

Pickles... Thank you. Very much so. I did not know u could just pollinate a bud or two. The prob I have is no space to grow a male. It's my last auto seed and last Af seed. I am also worried about pollen contaminating my cabinet for future grows. Question is for a newbie, should I sacrifice the fem buds for 1000's seeds that I most likely won't be able to determine. I really do appreciate u taking that much time to help.

If u seed it out, it wont be as potent as it could be, all its energy will go to producing seeds rather resins. Plus you then gotta separate all the viable seed from the plant. Then i say either make some hash or throw it in the vape

If they are your last seeds, id say ditch the male, grow out your females. Dont ruin your last two females. Then simply invest in some new seed. Some great seedbank sponsors here. I say this because you dont have space for a separate grow chamber to keep from cross contamination. I personally woulnt want that many seeds but we are all different growers. If you could find a small spot, flower it immediatly to collect some pollen in a film canister or even a ziplock bag. Then discard the male. Take your pollen out with a small clean paintbrush and dust your selected buds for seeds.

Edit'
all my opinion in no way you have to do that. Its hard tossing them away. Breeding is mighty difficult. All depends on your goal. If all your after is some personal seed stock for future,go for it. if your trying to combine certain traits, might not be the right time/place/space.

glad I can help, :thumb: to Peyton also

If u seed it out, it wont be as potent as it could be, all its energy will go to producing seeds rather resins. Plus you then gotta separate all the viable seed from the plant. Then i say either make some hash or throw it in the vape

If they are your last seeds, id say ditch the male, grow out your females. Dont ruin your last two females. Then simply invest in some new seed. Some great seedbank sponsors here. I say this because you dont have space for a separate grow chamber to keep from cross contamination. I personally woulnt want that many seeds but we are all different growers. If you could find a small spot, flower it immediatly to collect some pollen in a film canister or even a ziplock bag. Then discard the male. Take your pollen out with a small clean paintbrush and dust your selected buds for seeds.

Edit'
all my opinion in no way you have to do that. Its hard tossing them away. Breeding is mighty difficult. All depends on your goal. If all your after is some personal seed stock for future,go for it. if your trying to combine certain traits, might not be the right time/place/space.

glad I can help, :thumb: to Peyton also

Thanks again. That makes my decision much easier. I don't want to wreck my fems. At this point I don't even know if the Af will be male. But if so I know which way to go. Very helpful. I owe you a beer.

Back
Top Bottom