What would you do in this situation? Outdoor - Small greenhouse - Weather issues

CannaMedz

Ok, I have this ACDC gal and she's nearing completion. I was sort of planning this coming week to be my last week, just water & then harvest.

She's located in a small greenhouse ( which is DIY, not perfect by any means ) which has kept rain off of her.
However, this last week is supposed to, of course, be ALL RAIN & cloudy. Literally for 6 days straight. She probably won't be getting any more direct sunlight.
I'm worried about the humidity levels & mildew etc. Temps are 60-65 during the day, 50 ish at night.

Should I try to nurse her through the rainy, cloudy, humid week & keep an eye our for PM, or should I harvest 5 or 6 days early?

What would you do?

Hey Canna, Do you have a exhaust fan ? You need one to draw out the moisture.Or at least one blowing the air around.That will help with keeping the mold at bay...I always have a fan or two going...An so far so good..As long as there is no mold issues ,Grow her to the finish. Happy Hemping Red

Hey Red, thanks for the reply & suggestion. I do have a fan in there, and I have some makeshift vents to let air flow. I'm not sure I'll be able to rig a good exhaust, but I can add another small fan up high to move air out. I'll keep an eye on her and lookout for any mold or mildew. Thanks again.

Hey Red, thanks for the reply & suggestion. I do have a fan in there, and I have some makeshift vents to let air flow. I'm not sure I'll be able to rig a good exhaust, but I can add another small fan up high to move air out. I'll keep an eye on her and lookout for any mold or mildew. Thanks again.

I would have said let it go until your regularly scheduled harvest date...until a couple of weeks ago. I had a nice indoor Buddha Haze that was ready to harvest. I let it go a bit longer and ended up with bud rot. First time ever. I have 2 fans blowing and an exhaust fan. If you are worried this may happen, my opinion would be to chop. I pretty much hated myself for like a week. I lost about 15-20% of my yield. I would not have thought I could have ended up with bud rot with the amount of air moving in my tent. We had a stretch of about 2 weeks with high humidity and temps. I should have known better, this was a dense plant in summer.

Damn, this is what I'm afraid of. I'll be inspecting her today soon.

Here's one of her colas. ACDC, high CBD. From what I've read, she doesn't get huge buds. But they are pretty frosty, and smell amazing.

ACDCbud.jpg

That is a nice looking plant. If you have no signs of mold or rot, and you think it will make it, another week would do her good. If there is a risk for problems and you had to chop early, she should still be a good smoke.

My first indication that I had a problem was when I saw a completely yellow sugar leaf (one of the small ones coming out of the bud). I grabbed the tip of it and it just slid right out of the bud. The part of the leaf that was inside the bud was a bit mushy. I ripped the bud open immediately and started chopping.

Back
Top Bottom