What would you do with this grow box?

furlee

I built this little piece of shit grow box as my first venture into LED indoor growing. I've been reading this forum for awhile and I know damn well that I should've just done a DIY COB, but I didn't want to. I just ordered these two Mars Hydro 300's because it was simple and easy to do and they came to my door in less than two days.
I'm thinking about running the two buckets you see under these two lights using the Hempy system, 100% perlite.
Basically, I just wanted to get some other opinions as to what else I could do or what I maybe SHOULD do with this setup.
Tent is 24 x 24 and maybe 66 inches tall.
DKMwSo5VoAA9BBl.jpg

Thanks for all advice in advance:Namaste:

You will be surprised how much those lights can yield. That's a great amount of light for that space. Have you grown in pure perlite before? I haven't so I can't advise on that, but I can mention that soil, coco and hydro have all been fun mediums to grow in, each with their challenges of course:). I say give it a shot, drop some beans and let her rip!!

Cheers!

You really think that is enough light? I was going to buy one more 300 for the space.
I wanted to get some feed back on the 100 percent perlite idea, too. I was thinking for a minute that I should add maybe 10% vermiculite?
Looking for a good yielding strain too. Maybe cash crop or big bud if anyone has tried those two?

You really think that is enough light? I was going to buy one more 300 for the space.
I wanted to get some feed back on the 100 percent perlite idea, too. I was thinking for a minute that I should add maybe 10% vermiculite?
Looking for a good yielding strain too. Maybe cash crop or big bud if anyone has tried those two?

I think This is already a great amount of led powerrrr

Are you putting a ventilator in it? I dont know If that is already your plan, just trying to help out :)

Cool, so 900 watts of LED would be a tad too much? I kinda wanted to make this shit BRIGHT lol.
Ventilator. Thanks for asking, no, I haven't put it in, yet. That's another question that I had. According to the math,(that I could find on the web) in this space I could use a 50 cfm fan. I think I will be more comfortable using a 100cfm and you can find them online for like less than twenty bucks. Does that sound like I am going in the right direction?

Cool, so 900 watts of LED would be a tad too much? I kinda wanted to make this shit BRIGHT lol.
Ventilator. Thanks for asking, no, I haven't put it in, yet. That's another question that I had. According to the math,(that I could find on the web) in this space I could use a 50 cfm fan. I think I will be more comfortable using a 100cfm and you can find them online for like less than twenty bucks. Does that sound like I am going in the right direction?

I am not like a pro or so, but I would dance all night If I Could buy Two already.

The Only advice I can give is that my led box(just started) has a bathroom ventilator and that works great. Because of the leds the heat wont go Up that much(i got 3 bulbs) so dont overdo I gues? Maybe Someone else knows This better.

I Will follow and learn along with you.

Too many lights will cause more heat and possibly burn your ladies! Two is fine in your space. Strain-favorite I've grown was Gorilla Glue.

Fan, make sure to over do your fan, you can always get a cheap fan speed controller and slow it down, adding a second fan can be tough depending on your conditions.

Cool, I just turned them on for about 15 minutes and put the thermometer DIRECTLY on top of the light. This is the reading I got after about 15 minutes
DKNDwL2VAAAvyUW.jpg

Now, that was directly on top of the light itself, not at where the plants would be.
Trying to figure out if 100 cfm is enough, most formulas call for about 1/3 of that for my space, from what I found

Thanks for the feedback! How big is your grow, 2x2 also? If so, then I am definitely going to get another 300 watter

No, vivosun sells 100 cfm inline exhaust fans on that one site for less than twenty dollars. It says right on the description that they can be used for grow tents that use under 400 HPS or LED
61sMQc4VX1L_SL1100_.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1959230116.jpg
here's my 4x4 with 6 inch filter and fan.
Looking really good man, the way your setup is looking is the way I will model how I do my exhaust setup. I really appreciate you posting that pic because it gives me a point of reference. Thanks!!

Jesse, hate to sound ignorant, but did you buy your filter or DIY it? If you bought, where and if you DIY, do you have a link?
I'm trying to get this baby off the ground by the end of the week and money isn't too big of an object

Back
Top Bottom