What's going on? Please help

samsneeze

Some strands are dying on me. One plant started drooping last week when I found out my pot was too small? Roots started to show. I loaded it up with some soil, and it started getting better. I nute it last night and this morning it looked great. Then I came home to this....temp is in the 100's all week. I water and nute them exactly the same. Only some plants are dying. I've been using floragro 3 part and add fish emulsion. Any ideas?

Re: What's going on? Please help.

DSC_012810.JPG
DSC_012614.JPG

pic of soil and top of pot. Looks like poor draining

My guess is your root ball was so dense that it hasnt shot enough roots out into fresh soil so the root ball dried faster than the fresh soil you put in with the bigger pot. It is underwatered by the look of your pic.

Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to help out a stranger. This is how it looks like at night (sorry about the dark picture), didn't see the post before I checked on it. Will take a picture of the soil tomorrow. I water every night, just a guest, but comes out to 2-3 gallons per plant. I think you guys are right, my drainage is terrible, and my box is undersized. But one thing I don't understand is, the others seems to be doing fine. The soil is not completely dry, somewhat damp.
DSC_013511.JPG

I would say to that is root systems are different on every plant. Maybe that one that got root bound is slowing down drain more then others. The way you can tell on over and under water is how the leafs droop. If they drop straight down then under watered (leaves are limp and lifeless), if they are drooping down but more outward then over watered (leaves are firm & curled down).

Took some pictures just now. Not sure if I can trust that meter but.... Situation same as yesterday, and some for sure are gonners now and some seems to be trying to recover :( soil doesn't feels dry, somewhat damp. Looks like some nutes are getting locked out? I haven't changed my routine. Thanks again in advance everyone.
IMG_20140715_191435.jpg
IMG_20140715_190407.jpg
IMG_20140715_190417.jpg

*also the meter shows moist to be 6.5 when completely submerged in a bottle of water. And my tap water shows somewhere around 6.8-7 for Ph.

Have you cleaned the probe at all before use, maybe look up how to clean the probe you are using to get more accurate reading. If not possible you may have to purchase a new probe, if it is new maybe you got a defective one and can return it.

If it is accurate then PH is definitely a problem as Upinsmoke535 stated.

I finally removed the side of my box and found I've been completely under watering them. It is on it's road to recovery today. Thanks again guys.

Back
Top Bottom