topped seedling 1.jpg
    589 KB · Views: 190
  • weed seedling 2.jpg
    weed seedling 2.jpg
    640.1 KB · Views: 166
  • weed seedling 3.jpg
    weed seedling 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 169
It looks like she topped herself. It also looks like the first leaves and branches are coming from the same node as the cotyledons. Strange.

What strain is it, and what breeder and seedbank did it come from? Perhaps others have seen this before.

While strange, the plant looks healthy. If you were saying that it wasn't growing taller and just growing outward that'd be an issue but if this is just a seedling I'd say just continue to watch it.

Doesn't seem to be complaining about anything in particular, just being itself.

It looks like she topped herself. It also looks like the first leaves and branches are coming from the same node as the cotyledons. Strange.

What strain is it, and what breeder and seedbank did it come from? Perhaps others have seen this before.

Thanks for the response everyone! This was a rando seed I germinated from a collection of bag seeds I had in storage. No strain info at all. I've never seen it before however the seedling is strong and healthy. I'm going to start a journal as I intend to give her every chance to produce.

While strange, the plant looks healthy. If you were saying that it wasn't growing taller and just growing outward that'd be an issue but if this is just a seedling I'd say just continue to watch it.

Doesn't seem to be complaining about anything in particular, just being itself.
I agree. I'm going to give her every chance to produce. Should be interesting though.

Check this one out. It's the first time I've seen this. 4 branches just above the first single leaf.
3 pretty cemetrical growing nicely, the 4th is smaller growing outward more than upward.
I turned the smaller branch to get it more light. It seems to be doing well.

Attachments

• 20191208_073325.jpg
    20191208_073325.jpg
    965.5 KB · Views: 132
Here she is at 4 1/2 weeks. Have no idea what this bag seed baby is! Growing in FFOF 30% perlite and I'm only feeding my girls kelp tea while in veg.

Attachments

• weed5.jpg
    weed5.jpg
    650.1 KB · Views: 124
  • weed6.jpg
    weed6.jpg
    713.1 KB · Views: 128
  • weed7.jpg
    weed7.jpg
    935.9 KB · Views: 108
Lola and her sisters seem to be doing fine so far. They're a week into flower and really starting to take off. Looks like 2 indicas and one stretchy sativa is what we've ended up with. I've had to raise the light on the sativa due to stretch. Being my first grow I only topped the sativa once in veg. ( Didn't want to screw it up ). The one that topped itself ( Lola ) is on the far left and has always been happy. The one in the center I did not top at all. Not knowing the genetics of these bag seeds means I get to let them do their own thing and surprise me. The first grow is about me learning a whole new kind of patience anyhow lol. They have been fed a steady diet of homemade kelp and molasses tea right through the grow. I plan to add a little Remo bloom to their food near the end of the second week of flower.
Their feeding schedule is when they tell me they're thirsty. Right now it's every three days but hey are getting progressively more thirsty so that will change soon. They look good to my un-trained eye but what do I know. These pics were taken right after feeding. The sativa always looses her droop an hour after being fed.

Attachments

• middle child.jpg
    middle child.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 125
  • sativa2.jpg
    sativa2.jpg
    1,019.8 KB · Views: 123
  • self topped.jpg
    self topped.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
  • 3 bag seeds.jpg
    3 bag seeds.jpg
    997.8 KB · Views: 117
Here is a better pic of that area. When I saw your pic though I thought I saw seeds growing! Lol

Attachments

• stem1.jpg
    stem1.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 129
  • stem2.jpg
    stem2.jpg
    698.8 KB · Views: 128
"Some plants lead a nothing life, the most important thing they ever do is die" (Spike Milligan)
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all grows of true and unusual character....
And those that heap love, surrender and devotion upon them.

Back
Top Bottom