What's Happening?

Antonio Bandido

I was growing this in a tent then as the weather turned nicer here in the UK i put it on my balcony, looked happy until some heavy rain the other day after I had just feed & watered her. Now she's looking like this............any thoughts? @Emilya

;AB

1624116766933.jpg

1624116766939.jpg

1624116766944.jpg

1624116766950.jpg

I was growing this in a tent then as the weather turned nicer here in the UK i put it on my balcony,
How long has it been on the balcony?

I was wondering if the problem might be some small insects eating on the softer tissue between the veins in the leaves. It looks like the damage starts there and as the area between the veins turns to that pale color it starts to cover over the veins.

How long has it been on the balcony?

I was wondering if the problem might be some small insects eating on the softer tissue between the veins in the leaves. It looks like the damage starts there and as the area between the veins turns to that pale color it starts to cover over the veins.
Its been on the balcony about 3 weeks but seemed happy until the past two days when it rained quite heavily,
I did get out my magnifying glass but couldn't see any signs of life
funnily enough I have two younger(but bushier) plants in a shed at a friends at a different stage of growth and they have come up with the same pattern on the leaves, didn't get a chance for a pict today as I didn't have my phone but will put up a pic of that when I get there next...ab
@Emilya could it be some type of early spring aphids or last year I had red spider mite if you remember:oops::oops:

Keep us informed on what is happening.
Well I have ordered some Red Spider Mite Killer (Phytoseiulus Persimilis) and brought inside off the balcony as it was cold last night but has cleared up now so put back on the balcony after taking off the infected leaves. Still haven't managed to see any signs of bug life but bought the Phytoseiulus Persimilis as a deterrent as last year Red Spider Mite really crushed my crop...;s...thanks for checking in, will keep you posted..AB

By coincidence I had a decent rain yesterday and out of curiosity I collected some runoff from my roof and checked the PH, the PH was at 8.4. In your case I'd check your soil PH if you can and amend if out of wack. I believe most (like myself) assume rain water has a neutral PH (7.0) but in reality that may be the case in some areas but not uniform around the globe.

Check out pics of plants that have leaves with Chlorosis, they look similar to what your experiencing and could be caused by an iron deficiency in the plant due to a change in soil PH (more alkaline).

Back
Top Bottom