420 Magazine Background

Whats happening?

toddler273

THis is my first grow and it seems like everything is going all good. My plant is about 2 1/2 weeks old and ive already began to give it nutrients. On one of the leafs it turned a darkish yellow and got worse over the days and i dont know whats happening. I hope you guys can help me out.

Last edited by a moderator:

StonerGrower

Re: Whats happening??

well ive never gave a two week old plant nutes before...that could be the problem but it wouldnt be that serious unless you were adding to much...the soil looks a lil dry IMO maybe water?...what kind of lights are you using? it could be heat damage...give us more details and im sure you will have an answer

toddler273

yae the soil was dry some but thats because ive been watering it to much so i cut back. My light im using is a 60watt clear bulb. the bottom 2 leaves are starting to turn yellow and the 2nd top set are curling upwards.

im also using a weird kind of nutrients. would these be harming my plant?

Paladin

When you say 60 watt clear bulb, does that mean flourescent or incandescent ? ........As for the fertilizer.......How much did you use ? That stuff is time release , and a little goes a long ways.

toddler273

My plants already showing sex =O

the leaf that the problem started from is getting bad...

toddler273

this is the lightbuld im using. 65watt

are you saying my lightbulb is the problem or my ferts are.

Paladin

Incandescent light bulbs don't have the proper spectrum and put out too much heat . Switch to a compact flouroescent bulb. 1 teaspoon of that fert for a pot that size is alot. I'd say the problem is both light and fert. Switch to the largest size pot you can handle (space wise ) with fresh soil. When transplanting , gently tap old soil loose or dunk into a bucket of water to remove old soil. You don't need to remove all the soil .If you have a dark cycle , do the transplant then . Use no fertilizer untill you see new growth. Use a water soluable fert at half the recomended dose . Definately change light system to either a compact flourescent or a metal halide ( if you can afford one ) . Good luck , remember that first grows are a learning experience and that things get easier as you have more experience.:peace:

StonerGrower

Paladin is right. Just like i said the incandescent light isnt sufficient for plant growth. It will get it going for only so long before it needs proper light and you CANT flower with a incandescent ive tried during experimentation. And light paladin said they have a totally wrong spectrum of light, plus they put out alot of heat (your temp range should not come from your bulb). And now that i think about it you should either flush the plants to get the nutes out, because yes 1 tbls is alot for that size of pot. Go to the store and get a flourescent bulb...a tube one or either a spiral cfl..they both work great. Better than a incandescent anyway.

Top Bottom