What's In Jim's Grow Room?

Yes...getting the stuff in the capsules isn't pretty. I intend to build something out of a plastic straw. I haven't really worked on that part of the project yet.
It sounds like a Great idea if there is an easy way to get it in the capsules

It sounds like a Great idea if there is an easy way to get it in the capsules

It’s not necessary to use capsules. I simply wet my finger and stick it into the Dust. The taste can be a little much, strain-dependant, but it’s very doable. I also use a 1/8 tsp. to get about 0.2 grams.

You won’t believe how high you get on a mere 1/8 tsp. :battingeyelashes:

It’s not necessary to use capsules. I simply wet my finger and stick it into the Dust. The taste can be a little much, strain-dependant, but it’s very doable. I also use a 1/8 tsp. to get about 0.2 grams.

You won’t believe how high you get on a mere 1/8 tsp. :battingeyelashes:
I will save a little Decarbed bud next time I decarb and try it. I think getting it into a capsule would work best for me but I will try eating a little first

Yes...getting the stuff in the capsules isn't pretty. I intend to build something out of a plastic straw. I haven't really worked on that part of the project yet.
theres a grower here you may no him @Skybound he has one of those printers /gadget maker he can make a lot of things im just thinking he might be able to make a nifty funnel that would work for loading up some capsules! :)

I made a crude printable tray to hold the 00 gel caps, but I used a cattle syringe to inject the oil.

00 Gel Cap holder (5x5) by Skybound420
moooo lol hey sky whats up bud these guys are looking for a way to get fine ground decarbed bud into a capsule I don't no if you can make something that would work or not I just thought of you the scientist hope all is well with you!

moooo lol hey sky whats up bud these guys are looking for a way to get fine ground decarbed bud into a capsule I don't no if you can make something that would work or not I just thought of you the scientist hope all is well with you!

Maybe something along the lines of a tobacco stuffer with the metal tube, but I would imagine it would get gummed up in no time. At least with oils, it's viscous and not sticky, but ground up bud is never easy to work with, especially in quantity IMO. Good luck, but I think a solution is out of my league.

Edit - if you have a specific geometric shape in mind, I could probably quick design it so long as the shapes aren't too complex, but other than that, I have no ideas that I think would work for stuffing small quantities of ground bud into gel caps.

Maybe something along the lines of a tobacco stuffer with the metal tube, but I would imagine it would get gummed up in no time. At least with oils, it's viscous and not sticky, but ground up bud is never easy to work with, especially in quantity IMO. Good luck, but I think a solution is out of my league.

Edit - if you have a specific geometric shape in mind, I could probably quick design it so long as the shapes aren't too complex, but other than that, I have no ideas that I think would work for stuffing small quantities of ground bud into gel caps.
will see if anybody comes around with some ideas im not looking to do that I just suggested you might be able to help :) hows the garden doing bud:)

High all....I did think of Skybound's 3D printing abilities. There are all sorts of gadgets available to load capsules with powder but I'm still in the process of attempting to titrate the dust. My system is more conducive to inhaling but I got diagnosed with COPD last year and I've tried my best to cut back on smoking. I've got a nice vaporizer that I've used and I have a portable which is also good but I just don't get the same effect versus combustion. Same problem with the dust. The wait is about 25 minutes for the effect and there is not much ability to top off precisely nor can you undo the dose already in the system.

Got a package from Sticky last week and he grew some connoisseur grade Malawi and Y Griega. Just saying.

:passitleft:

Yep Y Griega is some nice smoke. I vaped it today and got typical sativa herbal slightly danky taste.

thanks jim glad your enjoying it im enjoying the bcp you sent me nice cherry taste! :) I thought @Skybound might be able to help he just needs some plans!

If anybody has at least a crude idea with basic measurements, I can likely create a CAD file and print files. I just lack an idea of what would work.

The weather people are predicting SNOW is eastern NC for tonight....Eeeeeks. I should be a Walmart watching people buy up all the bread and milk but I'm just sitting around here avoiding most of the work to be done. I did manage to put the cover on my little car but that's about it. Sometimes I get so high it feels like stumbling along rather than walking. I don't need to operate any machinery so all is good.

You will see again my laziness has kept me from pruning the moms. They also suffer from the small #1 pots. I guess I shouldn't put the pruning off too much longer. They are behaving nicely and almost everything is green. While it's always so much better to have girls in full bloom watching stems fill in and flowers expand, there is some joy also just watching new growth on the clones I've collected in the past.

At 12:00 is Jellium. 3:00 is Chem 91 x Aliendog Cherry. 6:00 is Sour Angel. 9:00 is Black Cherry Punch and in the dead center is Pomelo auto.

Pomelo auto has finally gotten a pot full of roots and showed her pre-flowers about a week ago. The soil is still pretty damp below the surface and I'm certain she's suffering from lack of oxygen down there. I'm going to prepare her about a quart of bubbled tea of bloom nutes for a treat in a couple of days. I've decided not to top her and I'll up the wattage of the lamp here soon. She's still growing although a little slowly.

Stay medicated folks. :bongrip:

Nice Jim! That Pomelo already looks way way better than mine did. Speaking of, in the jar the Pomelo has gone really really skunky. The orange peel smell is still there, but you have to kind of search for it.

I've oxygenated a quart of water for a couple of days and made a kelp and fish hydrolysate tea for Pomelo auto. The other girls got a small amount so none would be wasted.

Pomelo auto is now 20 inches tall from the floor....that's 12 inches from the soil. I'll try to remember to measure her next weekend and report it here. While she's not full on flower she has some very long pistils forming in there.

The Team is doing nicely for a bunch of old ladies in waiting. You will note that the grower has still not pruned the moms.

Top growth of Sour Angel. She needs a trim or a support stake.

That Pomeletto just doesn't look like it wants to get going. You share my feelings about that? Hopefully those side branches will take off when she gets into full flowering mode. If not I fear it will end up being one of those 1 zip autos we've all grown in the past.

I am waiting on a packet of Colorado Cookies auto seeds to arrive here. My friend who has grow a few of this strain from the same breeder tells me one plant might grow small and another grows big with lots of vigor. He says the bud quality on both is pretty identical. So I'll be ready with my CS spray ready to go and if I see one showing it want to grow vigorously I'll have to treat it to make some S1 seeds. Still undecided if I want to grow one in my organic soil or grow it in ProMix. I fear my soil may be too "hot" for an auto and slow down it's growth the first couple weeks. All things to think about while I wait for the seeds to appear.

Can you put your hot soil in the bottom 1/2 or 1/3 of the pot and just use something like Promix or Roots Organic for the top 1/2 or so. That would give it time in the upper soil to get things going over the first few weeks before it reaches the hot soil.

Back
Top Bottom