What's on my roots?

CrunchieGreen

Hello :)

After a few days away Iv come back to find brown stuff on my roots, the roots look nice and white and the brown stuff is only in sections so I don't think it's rot. My last res change was 5 days ago, I'll be doing another one in 2 days.

Should I be worries ? How can I clean it off without damaging the roots ?

Iv been useing rhizotonic & canna classic a+b 1/4 strength.

any help much appreciated.
Here's some pics.

IMAG019415.jpg

IMAG019317.jpg

IMAG019218.jpg

I believe people use h2o2, or peroxide to help. Not sure how much or how often, I'm not a dwc guy. My sig block had one called the playground, there's guys in there who know a lot more than me about your setup, so feel free to swing by and get a better answer

Re: What's on my roots ?

When you do your next rez change have a couple gallons of water in a bucket off to the side with some peroxide in it for this I use about 30 ml and let the roots soak while you clean and do your water change. It actually helps the plant kills the start of root rot and promotes more root development and will make your girl start to get bushy. If your not using organic nutes you can further help this by adding 5 ml to gallon in your rez I only use 3 % so I don't have to dilute it down if you buy 17 or 30 % you need to dilute it down to 3%. Good catch it might not go away either but a few changes with a soak you will see all kinds of newer whiter root growth. :goodjob:

I need serious help. First time grower from bag seeds and this plant displayed female traits with white pistols and I was away a Cpl days last week and got back to these. Their are a few white hairs still but what it is did it get pollented or is it a Hermione, although when I squeeze a pod, it's not a dusty pollen, or a banana shape but rather a white goo. Please help, should I crop now?. I had 3 plants and 2 have done this...
0821141258.jpg
0821141259.jpg

Thank you for your help, my girl is away and protected. Should I cut my losses now and make edibles?

Thank you guys. I'll see if theirs any recipes using males, they smell great and are 6 ft so time get out the scissor either way. ..:(

Great idea, I'm going to do a little more research Of uses of healthy male, and as you mentioned, find a way to salvage what I can, however I can. Thank you. ;)

No problem bro, anytime you have some questions come over to this link there's always like 4 or 5 of us on so you can always get some answers quick. It's like one big grow journal we all started it's gonna be like the Never ending story :cheesygrinsmiley:
Peyton & Pals Perpetual Playground

Yeh it does rub off but it kind of just gets smudged into the roots if ya know what I mean lol, I don't want to try to hard incase I snap some of the roots. After a while it just goes back into a ball.

The bucket is black on the outside with foil tape on top, no light gets in.

Back
Top Bottom