What's the best light I could get for veg?

Well my opinion, two mothers r gonna be big . So ur led gonna be at least 18 inches from
Them cause led will burn , Ull have set something up so ur clones can be even with tops of ur moms or ur gonna stretch like hell . I had a 220w full cycle California light works led in a 4x4 vegging and it did amazing but I had same age plants so I could keep things close , ur case u be better off with either 2 lights or two tents , if ur gonna clone and veg for two weeks u want that light as close as u can to get em goin high light even with led will. Be stretchy and weak . But to answer ur question on a light 220 full cycle solar flar California light works .. if u wanted to use two lights they make I think a 110 just
Buy 2 to keep one on mothers one on clones ..

I traded tHat single 220 for 2 400w in my 4x4 just to have more flexibility, people said I shoulda got a 600 for efficiency but if u got uneven canopy one light even if it is efficient ur gonna lose on the other end I'll be more efficient in other ways to save . Not much more close in a 600 vs 2 400s ... but I have gotten rid of my 400s and got a 600 but I've done away with the tents got a mother room , veg room and flower and a clone station so I can get by with one light in veg ... dnt worry bout what others say on cost and efficiency what suitable for one ain't for another , I couldn't see saving 12 a month and have stretchy plants and less nodes Ect ... anything else just hollar always willing to share my thoughts , may not be right by some but it works for me

Well my opinion, two mothers r gonna be big . So ur led gonna be at least 18 inches from
Them cause led will burn , Ull have set something up so ur clones can be even with tops of ur moms or ur gonna stretch like hell . I had a 220w full cycle California light works led in a 4x4 vegging and it did amazing but I had same age plants so I could keep things close , ur case u be better off with either 2 lights or two tents , if ur gonna clone and veg for two weeks u want that light as close as u can to get em goin high light even with led will. Be stretchy and weak . But to answer ur question on a light 220 full cycle solar flar California light works .. if u wanted to use two lights they make I think a 110 just
Buy 2 to keep one on mothers one on clones ..

Sorry for the confusion.
I am going to start with mother plants in there but once i cut my clones the mothers leave and go to flower.
MY clones will be in the tent by them selves and then through veg together.
Or
Mothers will be in there solo :)

Suggestions now that I clarified?

Perfect sounds good ... that cali light works 220 solar flare is a damn good light it made some short bushy fat ladies , I just dnt believe the gimmick they say that a 200 wat led equals a 400w hps .. if u really want led I would get California light works 220 full cycle ... but it's a 400 dollar light . U could get a 400w digital ballast , king cobra xxl hood and run genesis bulbs , and around a 200 cfm fan I think u would be highly pleased ... what is
Ur reason for aiming for a led if u dnt mind me askin

Perfect sounds good ... that cali light works 220 solar flare is a damn good light it made some short bushy fat ladies , I just dnt believe the gimmick they say that a 200 wat led equals a 400w hps .. if u really want led I would get California light works 220 full cycle ... but it's a 400 dollar light . U could get a 400w digital ballast , king cobra xxl hood and run genesis bulbs , and around a 200 cfm fan I think u would be highly pleased ... what is
Ur reason for aiming for a led if u dnt mind me askin

The reason for LED is electricity and heat.
they are also super light and COB lights you can change each LED -- upgrade and downgrade etc...

That is why i was going that route.
:)

Electricity yea but u still wount pull the yields off a 220 led that they say compare to a 400w or whatever .. heat is def true , but the money u save on not getting a led u can get a inline fan and easily take care of that with a air cooled hood .. when I had that led of mine in my 4x4 tent I still had to have extraction fans and them
Booster fans for like ac duct work wasn't enough they still produce heat and Ull still need extraction fans to pull air ... if yield isn't a worry then I say go with led .. a bulbs for a 400w is 40 bucks genenis bulbs r awesome I dnt believe anyone needs the hortilux or whatever , I got 2 1000w in my flower room I will some day add led for supplemental lighting but never again for my primary unless they change some more ... but look into California light works they can be daisy chained together to add more , there small size for the 220w will fit a give u good coverage in ur tent ..

You want about 32 Actual Watts per square foot for LED lighting. (Acutal watts meaning the power draw, not the Advertised wattage). If you are doing clones and mothers in the same tent, you would definitely want two lights instead of one so you can adjust the heights as needed.
If you want COB lights, I've heard good things about the RoleadRo lights. Two 400w (200w Actual) COBs would be plenty of light for your tent.

You want about 32 Actual Watts per square foot for LED lighting. (Acutal watts meaning the power draw, not the Advertised wattage). If you are doing clones and mothers in the same tent, you would definitely want two lights instead of one so you can adjust the heights as needed.
If you want COB lights, I've heard good things about the RoleadRo lights. Two 400w (200w Actual) COBs would be plenty of light for your tent.

Isn't it PAR that the plant uses, not watts? When I was doing research and talking with my friends who builds lights he had mentioned that watts uses more power however your plant uses PAR and can only absorb so much.
He told me mine does above what the plants would require for a 5x5 grow and allow me to not just pay extra for electricity since it's quite expensive in Ontario Canada.

Here is a quick video from him, he has his own business and is a bio-engineer - seems to know what he is talking about:

PAR testing COB's- Vero 29 SE D-Series (4000k) - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom