Whats the best reflective material to use

pugzilla

right now im using solid white construction paper but im looking for something more permanant . should i go with high gloss paint or get that mirror like reflective film i see at my local nursery

Mylar all the way! Get the 2 millimeter stuff the 1 millimeter rips too easily and is hard to work with. The 1 mil. is not useful for anything but covering a perfectly flat wall. Second best choice would be to paint the walls with flat white paint or cover them in "panda poly" (white on one side, black on the other.) Personally, I use mylar.

and definitely do NOT use "glossy" paint if you go that route. Use "Flat" paint. The gloss is similar to a mirror where some diffraction occurs and therefore light energy is used up.

thanks all im goin w/ mylar and it seems to work, ill check out that "glassboard next time lim @ home depot

'glassboard' -- it is made in 'brilliant white' is glossy, pebbled finish for excellent light reflection from & too all angles. This is the stuff that now covers the walls of commercial kitchens $25.00 for a 4'X8' sheet at Home Depot. go to Home Depot w/ all your measurements & they'll cut it for you too.

LOL, I was just looking at this stuff yesterday. . . gotta love synchronicity!

Bagz :peace:

They may sell that stuff at Home Depot, but don't even bother trying to find mylar there. The employees will just look at you funny and ask "what are you using it for?"

"Oh, a science project my good man!" :laughtwo:

Get the mylar off the internet if you want it.:peace:

Mylar all the way! Get the 2 millimeter stuff the 1 millimeter rips too easily and is hard to work with. The 1 mil. is not useful for anything but covering a perfectly flat wall. Second best choice would be to paint the walls with flat white paint or cover them in "panda poly" (white on one side, black on the other.) Personally, I use mylar.

I think the B&W poly is better than mylar for several reasons including reflective, workability and maintainability! That mylar crinkles up easily and if you wash it it will actually reduce the reflective properties of the film!

As for price i think they are similar.

I've always just stuck to painting the area white, bu from what I hear mylar works pretty well too. definatly make sure if your using a MH or HPS that you have a good reflector because that can make a difference also.. :allgood:

Back
Top Bottom