What's the deal with A/C units?

ftr i love your dehumidifier.

should review that. looks solid.

But do read my CMH threads....
i actually really like cmh, hps, mh etc.

i hesitate to invest though. sourcing bulbs is gonna get bitchy. the led switchover is not just a grow thing. there is less and less incentive to be involved in that tech long term.

cmh in particular is still immensely popular, but is used mostly outside NA, mainly due to different power delivery in a multitude of countries.

Well ok then. No no to bubble reflection for CMH. Same with Orca and probably Panda.
BECAUSE ITS DIFFERENT ...SEE.
Dull metallic reflection will not kill plants with CMH. Its potluck and I kind proved it to myself with thread...

i'm curious what you're using for ac. i have to shut down in summer temps.
you face hotter conditions than i do.

Well I started with 1 light with 2-1.5 ton split system units. This is for longevity. A " redundant" setup where I switch every month to the other.
The thing is, when I ran 2 lights, the damn thing started working A WHOLE LOT BETTA. Ending up with 4 lights. Ran all lights, 400watt hishiro crazaaaazy high lux and penetration. Had to run all 3 high frequency humidifiers, cold micro drops that plant gobbles up quickly.
They love it!
But those cheap units do work, but, a big butt, there HAS to be heat, constant heat.
Otherwise hotwire that bitch and tell me how ya did it!

But, I am going to have to go to nights. Way to damn hot during day.
There during day, temps will be low enough to control easily if dark. End up with 8pm to 8am light for lights.

And dont go on vacation, 48 hour super pests will consume and pollute everything!

Keep in mind that these systems are remarkably quiet. But cannot depend on using the dehumidifier option on a split system! Unless you are standing right there with remote. It does work, some use exteme cold, some use extreme hot to lower humidity.
To add humidity, this is very important, that you do not use Hot humidifiers!
Unless a monster grow in like the desert.
The high frequency humidifiers is a frapping of the water molecules. I bought one with a "silver" not chrome, vibration plate. It really does make a difference in the accumulation of crap that always builds. Can use tap water (always smells like chlorine) I choose a simple charcoal filtering, it lasts a good while too. Bought the 2 gallon....
The microscopic floating nodes of water are clumped together, always floating in air.
For instance in the South, where I lived for many years, there is monster clumping... could be 200 for instance..
But here in the desert, might get as low as the teens. Clumps of nodes.
The intake with plant is of course different with completly different climates.
But the hot humidifier tosses like 2-300 size clumps, strait to the ceiling, where it cools (and gathers).
Cold is much much lower, but is cold and heavy, like a fog machine, when cranked up.
But my dehumidifier does just that. Through a hot then cold exchange, causes clumping to be minimalized. Thats how they remove humidity.

Back
Top Bottom