What's the longest amount of time your crop took to dry?

So I'm fairly sure it's safe to say that a majority of folks dry there buds hanging them upside-down and then waiting until their stem 'snaps' until they move onto curing.

Well according to Jorge's video it's usually 5 - 15 days for the drying process.

I'm on day 16 and last I checked on them was day 14 and they still didn't snap, just bend.

I'm just worried because I know drying/curing properly is critical to the quality of your bud.

Any insight? I'm crossing my fingers that when I go check today they're going to snap.

When I've gone I'd say average is 55% humidity and 60 F

it all depends on the size and density of the bud too. I wouldn't be alarmed, just stay patient. The slower your bud dries, the smoother the smoke will be. I like to throw mine in jars a little before the stems snap, this way they dry slower and the outcome is much more pleasant to smoke.

If you really need to speed up the process, make sure there is a good amount of airflow around. When I quick dry my buds, I leave them in a room with the ceiling fan running. They dry in about a week

Ya when I went to check on day 14, i bumped up the osillator speed from 2 to 3 so I'm sure that will bring more airflow. Plus I have my light in there still (off) and my exhaust fan connected to the hood has been on all the time.

Just dont forget if you start curing before 100% dry, its very, very important to open your jars every day, I like to open em for about 15min a day, and kinda shake em around just a bit so no moisture gets trapped. Nobody wants moldy bud...
And like Crimson said, It depends on the density, and size of buds. As well as room temp, humidity, & airflow. I dry mine in a 3x2 closet, Its real dry And stays about 72-76 degrees F. Last batch took about 11 days, But after about a month the bud was excellent..

Well last night I decided to take them down. One of them snapped in the middle but not towards the outside. I clipped them all off the stems and now they're in jars. So I'll be sure to burp them every day. I smoked some last night and I was pretty damn high. Like a great Sativa high, which is pretty rare as most people around here have indica.

Well last night I decided to take them down. One of them snapped in the middle but not towards the outside. I clipped them all off the stems and now they're in jars. So I'll be sure to burp them every day. I smoked some last night and I was pretty damn high. Like a great Sativa high, which is pretty rare as most people around here have indica.

nice going and good luck.
I just harvested on 4/20. I had the branches hanging for 3-4 days and the leaves and top buds were getting crispy. I took everything down an placed in a cardboard box to slow down the process.

On 4/28, I removed the buds from the stems and put everything in jars.
Seems to be going smoothly.

I think your temps at 60 is slowing down your process.

I've seen some people are really delicate with their buds, I guess to protect as many trichomes as possible. Will shaking and shifting my buds around in the jar really make a difference? As far as it could cut off trichomes, thus making it less potent I assume?

Back
Top Bottom