What's the most money you have ever spent on weed?

Here is an article on Global News in Canada that now legal weed costs on average $292.00 per ounce but illegal has fallen to $162.00 per ounce. Illegal cannabis prices fall as legal market expands

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact some of the biggest investors in legal cannabis in Canada are some of the most Conservative Canadian politicians who before legalization considered it the root of all evil.

Interesting article. I emailed the BC govt store long ago and told them why they are not doing well. PRICE is the issue. They do not offer any incentive to buy more. Told them Bob down the road sells an 1/8 for x dollars, a 1/4 for xx dollars and a go big ounce for xxx dollars. You have no buy in bulk strategy while Bob gives a better price for more product sales. Then we have the legal producers who have investors. What do investors want most. A massive return on their investment. That causes upward pressure on what they will sell a product for. Then we have governments wanting their take. Not enough profit to make just taxing it. You want profits too so up goes the price which in turn increases the price with TAXES. It comes down to there is only so many hands that can fit in a cookie jar and you have some 30 hands in there. Thanks But gotta go see Bob right now. lmao PS. Seeds were also made legal and for the longest time no one could get them because no one wanted to sell them legally to the govt. I mean if I have seeds then I don't need to see the govt. I can clone. The last problem is with my 4 plants. One crop will produce more than I need for a year so I give it to friends. That is one or more less sales from the govt. Gotta love Canada Eh!!!!!

Where I live, north coast BC, $2400 a pound was the steady going rate for many many years. Lately the bikers have been dumping $800 pounds of very good bud on the market. Not sure if some growers are deciding to go out of business and just getting rid of it cheap, or what- seems too cheap to last. But no around here wants to pay for government weed.

Never thought I’d live to hear myself say ‘government weed’... o_O

Where I live, north coast BC, $2400 a pound was the steady going rate for many many years. Lately the bikers have been dumping $800 pounds of very good bud on the market. Not sure if some growers are deciding to go out of business and just getting rid of it cheap, or what- seems too cheap to last. But no around here wants to pay for government weed.

Gov & weed......just don't sound right :laughtwo:

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact some of the biggest investors in legal cannabis in Canada are some of the most Conservative Canadian politicians who before legalization considered it the root of all evil.

No need to wonder. Root of evil.... send it to me for proper disposal. I'll throw it off my dock at cottage 420. Wait, no I wont.

Maybe it could be the legal growers are growing better weed. That's usually reflected in pricing as well as the extra taxes for legal. Whats the tax rate on weed in CA??

I wood think that at some point and maybe we are there now, the prices will stabilize.

I It comes down to there is only so many hands that can fit in a cookie jar and you have some 30 hands in there. Thanks But gotta go see Bob right now. lmao

Gotta love Canada Eh!!!!!

I agree, go see Bob - for cookies.

Go see Bob.. Freakin Eh right Eh?

$800 pound weed not sustainable. NO way no how. Once the outdoor weed is gone it wont be around until next winter. Plan your grow accordingly and/or give it a longer cure. Win win.

Greed is the driving factor for gov’t controlled weed in Canada and too many “middlemen”.

If you know what you are doing, even in a commercial operation, here in NS, if it is costing you more than $1g to produce, you are doing things wrong. If you sold it at $3g wholesale, you have 3x return on your investment.

Around here, street prices are I the $3-5g range and is generally coming directly from the grower.

BTW, my crops in me about $0.50g and that includes my labour.

Thats perfect. We get $5/gm wholesale down in the states but thats for the "good stuff".

That retails at $10/gm + whatever can be had. Still cheaper and better quality than store bought. As long as cookie jar with many hands and greed at the wheel, we good.

I don't see greed ever stepping down from the drivers seat sadly.

In the UK some of the best quality growers who would always sell wholesale for bulk at £5/g have now decided to all go and order the US style growers Mylar bags and claim they were shipped all the way from Cali to then charge £30-50 per g and only ever allowed to buy bags for £150-200 each!

Yeah £150-200 for house grown bud and people believe it :laugh: couple have been caught out by the people who were buying their bags in bulk :rofl:.

In the UK some of the best quality growers who would always sell wholesale for bulk at £5/g have now decided to all go and order the US style growers Mylar bags and claim they were shipped all the way from Cali to then charge £30-50 per g and only ever allowed to buy bags for £150-200 each!

Yeah £150-200 for house grown bud and people believe it :laugh: couple have been caught out by the people who were buying their bags in bulk :rofl:.
Not like they arent making money....If they are not then they are fools....

30-50 /g ??? I need to make some friends in the UK. WTF? Thats insane.

For the price of a sack you could be growing your own. First harvest you get your money back and then some.

Yes there is a few that then go around to what they call their high class "clients" and sell them it for £200+ and spin them the biggest lie :laugh:.

There was a real old school grower who apparently would only ever grow organic bud from day one, no one knew who he is or who he was baring a few real old men that you really never wanted to dream of never mind look at or meet :rofl: well due to him conning he's buyers apparently they chased him out, now we are left with larf in bags, literally larf for your normal going price :passitleft:I have came to the conclusion they bag their top nice looking stuff and charge a Ferrari for it and the popcorn and larf to us and this is why I bought my first ever set of reg seeds and a 250w cfl :cool:

OK I think this will reset the bar, in the early 80's I was on an aircraft carrier of the coast of Iran. We had been on the line for over 3 months and the tension was thick. I looked up a guy that I had meet in the last port we were in that said he was never out. $40.00 a gram was the going rate, you know that night I crawled out under the angle deck and enjoyed an airshow over a mirror smooth ocean. The next month plus before we touched land was easier to get through so I guess it was not that high of price to pay. On my next cruise I knew enough to bring my stash with me and replenish along the way. The Navy's motto those days was " Navy , not just a job but an adventure" what an adventure it was.

Why is Canadian legal weed so bad? I mean I hear people dissing it all over. Sure corporations grow it and nothing good ever came out of 1000 acres warehouse, but being so way off the quality that people are used to sounds seriously wrong.

I haven’t paid for bud or hash in years, but the price of your average crap here is €6-10/g and €15-20/g for really good stuff.

Why is Canadian legal weed so bad? I mean I hear people dissing it all over. Sure corporations grow it and nothing good ever came out of 1000 acres warehouse, but being so way off the quality that people are used to sounds seriously wrong.

I haven’t paid for bud or hash in years, but the price of your average crap here is €6-10/g and €15-20/g for really good stuff.

There are many reasons why government sponsored bud here sucks:

- Originally, it was setup for medical use (not that it should matter) and the producers were “friends” of the siting government of the time - money but no brains for growing cannabis

- Expensive as hell to get a license:

- Building has to meet government standards and must be ready to produce before they will come inspect it and say yay or nay. Big upfront investment with no guarantee of getting your license.

- This applies to the new craft growers license as well - this license will cost you about $500k upfront with no guarantees.

- the original “Standard Producers” weren’t able to hire anyone with a criminal record so ruled out most people with experience growing cannabis.

- for fear of testing bad (mold etc.) they over dry and never cure the bud - it will crumble to dust in your fingers.

And to top it all off, it extremely over priced.

You can buy better street weed for less.

Smarty pants tip alert:

On the mold test - I think and I'm pretty sure about this they are testing for the chemical moldicide and pesticides. There's no way to test for mold that is cheap. It has to be RNA/DNA tested and add to that, mold is not harmful unless you are allergic to it.

Mold/PM testing is for the chemical treatments that a lot of growers use that are harmful to hoo-mans and are not supposed to be used on cannabis for hoo-man consumption.

The non harmful treatments for molds and PM like using bacteria to fight the mold pathogens will actually test positive for mold.

So they do not test for the molds they test for the chemicals used to fight the molds which are actually harmful to us.

Back
Top Bottom