What's up?

sleepr

My wife's uncle referred me to your website and I gladly joined. We live in Massachusetts and there is no legal medical MMJ laws yet. I was disabled while serving in the army in '88. They wouldn't operate because of the danger of paralysis. So they discharged me on a medical and told me my only viable choice was "pain management". This meant 5 years of physical therapy, 5 years of steroid injections, and 18 years of pain meds; Hydrocet, percocet, oxycontin, and oh yeah, 18 years of methadone! It all cam crashing down last January when I began losing my eyesight, racing heart rate and exploding blood pressure. What was my doctor's recommendation? Hospitalization! So I fired her! I told my wife that I was getting off ALL my meds and I was going to do it myself! June of last year, I took my last dose of methadone. My eyesight came back, blood pressure came down and lost weight. Getting off methadone was the worst. VERY difficult. Smoking pot eases a lot of the pain and helps me sleep at night. Unfortunately, we have to buy "illegally". I'm traveling to Santa Cruz, California to visit some friends and buy some different strains to try. Any recommendations?:thumb:

Hi sleepr, Welcome to the 420Magazine forums.
I'm glad you found an alternative to big pharma's poison.
I assume you meds will come from a dispensory when you get to Cali.
I suggest you ask them for a recommendation.
I hope you plan on staying with us. 420Magazine has a lot to offer.
Enjoy!
Peace

sleepr :welcome:
Hello, nice to meet you. :thumb:
There are many like you here, Sick and tried of being sick and tried.
All turning to Cannabis for much improvement and better well being.
Please get to meet us all by :surf: the forums.
Post often and Enjoy your time here on 420. :cheer:
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom