What's with my leaves?

Slingbladesax

Hey guys so I'm not sure what's going on here.... I got these 2 blue dreams in 7 gallon fabric pots, I'm about 30 days in bloom. I'm using 1-4-7 root farm bloom nutes, half dose every feeding every 2-3 days. My pH is spot on, Rh is at 45% and I'm always at about 21 degree Celsius
Overall the plants look really giod & healthy but I got the odd leaf that has this hook on the end of the leaf and the edges of the leaf are canoeing down. I first maybe thought nitrogen toxicity but I'm only using a 1-4-7 at half dose and blue dream plants take alot of nitrogen in throughout veg. So I dunno but here are the pics
20190515_151845.jpg
20190515_151717.jpg
20190515_151707.jpg
20190515_150915.jpg

Hey guys so I'm not sure what's going on here.... I got these 2 blue dreams in 7 gallon fabric pots, I'm about 30 days in bloom. I'm using 1-4-7 root farm bloom nutes, half dose every feeding every 2-3 days. My pH is spot on, Rh is at 45% and I'm always at about 21 degree Celsius
Overall the plants look really giod & healthy but I got the odd leaf that has this hook on the end of the leaf and the edges of the leaf are canoeing down. I first maybe thought nitrogen toxicity but I'm only using a 1-4-7 at half dose and blue dream plants take alot of nitrogen in throughout veg. So I dunno but here are the pics
20190515_151845.jpg
20190515_151717.jpg
20190515_151707.jpg
20190515_150915.jpg

[/QUOTE
It looks like nitrogen toxicity or probably even to close intervals of giving the plants nutrients ,should fed every week

Ok. I think maybe too close intervals of feeding nutrients. I water them about 3-4 times a week. I gave them nutrients every watering during veg and they were perfect so I continued using that same pattern but with bloom nutes. Dream dream being a heavy feed strain I figured it could handle the half dose of bloom nutes every watering like they did in veg. I will start plain water for their next watering and Then slowly back on the nutes.
It's minor there maybe only 3 or 4 leafs doing this on each plant but the rest looks really healthy

Your plants look great and I love the lift of your leaves! The leaf tips do tend to point to the thing that is concerning the plant the most, and if this slight clawing was accompanied with tip burning, it would indicate an over nute situation. Here with no tip burning we have to look further. The answer is in the very nature of the smart pots you are in. Air pruning is of course the strength of this grow system, but it is "pruning" the roots in the air zone. You are seeing the reaction to all of this in the dominant leaf tips that are showing you that there is a little bit of pain down in the roots. Not every plant reaction is a crisis, at least if you can figure out the cause.

Thanks guys yeah the plant looks great other the odd little random leaf shoeing these signs. Blue Dream loves nitrogen so that is why I didn't think it was nitrogen toxicity... I think I'm just giving it nutes too often. Like I said I give it half dose.every watering 2-3 days
Maybe during bloom it need nutes less frequently

it definitely needs less nitrogen now that you are in flower, and lots more calcium, phosphorus and potassium. Don't second guess what you are doing with plants that look this good. React if you really see a problem. Review your bloom nutes and consider what I say next very carefully as you think about half strength nutes:
The plants are much bigger than they were when you started giving nutes, and probably could use a bit more now that they have grown. Second, you are wanting to grow big flowers out of nothing, and this process is going to take more nutes than ever before... not less. Please rethink some of your assumptions. You are overthinking this.

The problem with both calcium and magnesium is that if you load too much of them into the soil, they lock out other important nutrients so for this reason it is best to add smaller amounts of these elements as they are needed in the grow. Since our weeds are known to be both calcium and magnesium gluttons, having a form of calmag appropriate to your grow, on hand (or making some) in case it is needed, is highly recommended. It has been my experience that in every tent of 5 or more plants, at least a couple of them have needed extra C or Mg... it is that common.

Subbed up got to say ur girlz look spot on . Had a similiar problem before and it was due to ph for me but looks the same with the leafz . Keep an eye amd c how they get on theyll let u no as time goes on . Keep up the good work fam and happy growin

So my theory as to why I am getting some curling tips/burnt tips, definately slight slight nutrient burn. I gave them half dose of ff grow big nutes every watering for a couple months or so and the blue dreams loved it..
And started to do the same with my bloom nutes first couple weeks. The last 2 times I've watered them have just been pH balanced water.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think maybe the nutrients have built up in the soil over time and now that it's flowering it's not using as much nitrogen. Maybe slight overdose with p and k but I think it's more the built up nitrogen in the soil... thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom