What's wrong with my auto?

Young Yoda

What Strain is it? 2 Fast 2 Vast Auto
How Many Plants? 5
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? Sprout Apr 16-17. Flower time is supposed to be 8 weeks.
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? 2 Layers: bottom layer has a lot of dry supplements, was composted thoroughly - top layer is lighter mix
If Soil... What Size Pot? 3 gal
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 2x 180w LED + CFL
Is it Air Cooled? Tent is: 6" fan
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? Closing on 80F sometimes.. Trying to keep it in the 70s
RH of Room/Cabinet? 40-50
PH of Medium or Reservoir? Been giving 6.5 water. No runoff checks yet.
Any Pests? Not that I can tell
How Often are you Watering? Not too often. Last time was 3 days ago.
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Nothing yet. Silica and cal-mag added to water tho.
Size or Square Footage of Room? 2 x 4 ft

I will also note that I started these autos in paper cups and then cut them out and transplanted at around 8 days. The other girls seem to be doing fine in all respects.

The Issue: This one girl has been showing something on the leaves since the first true leaves. Thought it might go away, but it hasn't. You can see it on both new growth and old growth. Help!
IMG_22.jpeg

IMG_1341.jpeg

First looks like a combo of things. She is cal-mag deficient , and maybe over watered. Looks like molybdenum deficient as well. But I'm going to go out on a limb and say she was cal-mag def. First and then you tried to fix her which cause some problems. What have you done in the last two weeks? Just so I can help

To help her right now , I would mix one tsb of Epsom salt and foliar feed. Then 1/4 dose of veg nutes with molybdenum in it for soil feed. See if this helps. Should see an improvement in as little as 24-48 hours on molybdenum. And immediately on Epsom salt. Make sure to rinse the leaves with clean water foliar feed the next day.

IMG_202_125228.jpeg

96538.jpeg

There's more pics of the problem.

Just to be clear, I haven't tried to correct anything yet; she's received the same treatment as all the rest so far. The cal-mag and silica is standard for me at this point.

As for what I've done, not much:
I kept them pretty moist in the paper cups for the first 8 days, water only. Then I cut them out of the cups and transplanted. They had healthy looking roots, but not rootbound like you might find in starters you buy from the store. Then I started transitioning to LED, and using cal-mag and silica. That's pretty much where I'm at. EDIT: Also I topped and took a few growth tips.
Also, I put them out in the sun the other day, it gets pretty warm at that spot. The soil is quite dry at upper levels. The pot does feel a bit heavy, but I have watered only one time in the bigger pots. Hard for me to imagine over watered?

Here's a healthier one for comparison:
IMG_502_121.jpeg

She's definitely healthy. But now I see her in normal light I'm going to say it's a mutation. Maybe a little K will help her green up but if she's growing good, I say let her go.

The only time I've ever seen this look with deficiency is molybdenum. Curling and twisting new growth with yellowing of new and old growth. So if you think she's deficient I'd start there

Mine did that before when I poured water on the leaves and the led lights did that to it, atleast that's all I could figure cause it never did that again when I stopped doing that

I have nine plants going, three are just seedlings. One of the seedling is a cannatonic and it looks real similar to yours. Everything else is the same, soil, light, water and I'm thinking it's the strain on mine.

Back
Top Bottom