What's wrong with my baby

Ricod306

Hi guys hope all is well, so my plant is about 2 weeks into flower now. She was vegged at 10L/14D up until end of winter when 12L/12D and I started flowering by using 48H darkness and switching to 11L/13D. I only give her water when she is light and when her stems starts dropping(not just the leaves) a little. Since flowering I also had starting putting her into a dark closet and putting her back in the sun every morning. These times are constantly scheduled so she gets exaclty 11 Hours of light.

So what bothers me about her is she keeps drooping, leaves are dying (a little to soon for flowering) the tops are lime green like in the photo and no I haven't fed her any nutes due to the soil being more on the sensitive side (adding ph balanced nutes causes nute burn). Also I gave her water this morning she usally would stop drooping near the afternoon...
IMG_20200820_164503.jpg
15979356587134846337314720225707.jpg
15979356898904375776077494573179.jpg

Okay what I'll do then is use half dosages of what I found recommended for GH Flora series for about two weeks is she still looks sad I'll give her full dosages and see what happens. I don't want to go full dosage on the nute because I found that it causes nute burns in this soil... Luckily this was my last batch with this soil, I've switch to 50 50 perlite coco mix and so far so good with my seedlings(I know that with 50 50 mix I'll need to be more attentive to feeding)

The longer you wait to feed the more yield you will lose plants cannot make up time lost in the flower by the end of week six or by day 42 plants have done all there growing and now fatten up there buds and swell.

I get what you're saying, see this is my first grow whilst top feeding, my previous grow was bottom fed and I forgotten that I fed them everyday with K-mixed water and about 5 liters of it daily....

What is your nutrients for flower.A low nitrogen should not burn plants when fed at the recommended dose.It must have very low to no nitrogen.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/GH-Flora-simple-drain-to-waste.jpg

this is what it was in vegging and what I am using now. See whilst I was vegging I got little nute burn when feeding thus I stopped

A slurry test will tell you what the PH of the soil is. That will help shed some light on what the plant has going on there.
I only have a pH pen, is it possible to measure this with my pen?

Your pen can test the run off water so you can get a ball park on the ph run off but it cannot tell you what ph ranges you have through out your soil. Ph differs through out the soil from top to bottom you may get different ph readings. In soil your ph should allways be in the right range for up take. So there for most issues will be salt build up related or over watering under watering or over feeding or not feeding enough.

Your pen can test the run off water so you can get a ball park on the ph run off but it cannot tell you what ph ranges you have through out your soil. Ph differs through out the soil from top to bottom you may get different ph readings. In soil your ph should allways be in the right range for up take. So there for most issues will be salt build up related or over watering under watering or over feeding or not feeding enough.
I see which also makes sense and with this grow I realized it is very easy to over water my plants whcih is why I prefer going back to bottom feeding when my seedlings are about 3 weeks old

That's the video I was going to link so good job!
I'd do the test and feed her. You'll see am improvement I am sure quickly. Try to put her on a schedule. She needs it.

I have a watering schedule roughly every 2 days... I give 1.5liters of water... Any more than this and I have run off... I'll start feeding her but my questions is do I feed everytime I give her water?

Btw hows the Fruity Pebbles going? Last I saw she was a monster!

Bottom feeding will lead to salt build up faster because the medium is not having fluids run from top out bottom but rather sitting in them and absorbing.

I do recall salt build up but it wasn't so much that it was bad for a single grow cycle and I also used powder based nutrients... But help me if I'm still mistaken... These pots are fabric and I can through them into a washer so after each grow they'll be clean again...

Back
Top Bottom