What's wrong with this dispensary weed?

sheepleschism

So I bought 1/4 White Urkel, 1/8 Kromes the White, and 1/8 Grape Ape in De Beque, Colorado. Also got some "CO2 Crumble" and 3g "Caviar".

All of the flower was "top shelf" $115/qtr. It' fantastic LOOKING bud covered in hairs and crystals but is spongy instead of dry and crumbly. It doesn't light well at all. Tastes terrible...kinda sharp pinesol taste.

The crumble and caviar taste like lighter fluid.

Usually when it don't like to light the moisture content is still too high. If you dry it too fast or don't cure right you can cause the chlorophyll to not escape and that can give you the "green hay" kind of smell or taste. So not only smell and taste but effect can be affected if all those chemical reactions didn't take place due to drying too fast. Personally I"d be asking them why you paid that much for something that tastes like that and doesn't light well. One can tell a lot by looks or the smell, but it can look/smell killer and not necessarily be, but majority of the time if looks or smell don't seem right it usually means something. As it varies on laws where you are at (and maybe Dispensary rules on top of it) on whether you can smell it or touch it before buying it it adds to the challenge lol as in OR you can't touch it or take it out of jar but you can smell jar and look at it in jar.

I figured it wasn't fully cured. The buzz is light and heady...no body buzz at all, and these are indicas.

That would be my guess, I hear taste can be affected by not flushing the plant for quite a few days/weeks prior to harvest, length of time varies on what medium you growing in and the chemicals (Nutrients and like) you are using, so that could also cause it to not taste right but look and smell be right, but you said it doesn't feel right also (spongy) so why I would lean more towards it was dried too quick (or they tried to help it dry faster).....or they were simply cleaning grow area with Pine Sol during Flowering ;) as you said tasted kinda that way lol

Back
Top Bottom